• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hotpeppa's Plant Update

PS... White Out conditions here in Denver, expected to snow well into the morning...

My outdoor Garden looks a mile away..."-)

oh yeah ! i have seen it, commented on it as well...

very good set up... that's exactly what i want to try and do for my next project..

really good job man ;)

bigt said:
Very impressive plants Hotpeppa - nice work. You guys will get me to buy a 400w MH the way you are going. I need to get my moneys worth out of this 125w CFL 1st. It's been working way better than my shop lights at least.

thanks BIGT,

how are your bhuts doing ?

Hotpeppa said:
thanks BIGT,

how are your bhuts doing ?

I have a few Bhuts that are doing well, but not like yours. The biggest is just maybe as wide as a plastic cup. Nothing like what you have. I lost some with my rockwool fiasco so I planted 4 more about 3 weeks ago in Pro-Mix. They've all come up and are doing fine, but still small. I wanted to make sure I had at least two really good Bhut plants.

PeterPepperPicker said:
Hotpeppa,

Plants are looking excellent, I would say that you have learned to "listen" to your plants needs very well!

thanks dude.. just popped in a second ago and they seem to have gone through a major growth spru overnight.. they look even bigger..

this is great !:lol:

Hotpeppa said:
we need some photos BIGT...lets see em.. ;)

OK Hotpeppa - here are a couple of pics taken earlier today. 4 of my best plants. These have been sitting in the south window for a week in my small greenhouse. They got a complete washdown to make sure they were aphid free before they went in. So far, so good on these. I just lost an otherwise healthy 7 Pot to aphids today. I didn't check it for 2 days and it went down. Sad, but I still have a few left. Next year, my seedlings don't get near my overwinters.

Clockwise from Lower Left - Bhut Jolokia (hotpeppa) , Biker Billy , 7 Pot (Cappy-PRF) and Fatalii (scoville)
3390893412_f8db55feac_b.jpg

Clockwise from bottom - Fatalii (scoville), Bhut Jolokia (hotpeppa) , Biker Billy and 7 Pot (Cappy-PRF).
3390893416_c131e16a86_b.jpg

-these 4 are getting hardened off starting today and will get potted up to 5 Gallon in 2 days -sorry about the big file size, I need to reduce the setting on my camera.

bigt said:
OK Hotpeppa - here are a couple of pics taken earlier today. 4 of my best plants. These have been sitting in the south window for a week in my small greenhouse. They got a complete washdown to make sure they were aphid free before they went in. So far, so good on these. I just lost an otherwise healthy 7 Pot to aphids today. I didn't check it for 2 days and it went down. Sad, but I still have a few left. Next year, my seedlings don't get near my overwinters.

Clockwise from Lower Left - Bhut Jolokia (hotpeppa) , Biker Billy , 7 Pot (Cappy-PRF) and Fatalii (scoville)
3390893412_f8db55feac_b.jpg

Clockwise from bottom - Fatalii (scoville), Bhut Jolokia (hotpeppa) , Biker Billy and 7 Pot (Cappy-PRF).
3390893416_c131e16a86_b.jpg

-these 4 are getting hardened off starting today and will get potted up to 5 Gallon in 2 days -sorry about the big file size, I need to reduce the setting on my camera.

So Mobil1 is the Secret huh? I better run out and get some ASAP!

Blister said:
So Mobil1 is the Secret huh? I better run out and get some ASAP!

Isn't Mobil 1 synthetic? I think you have to use a natural oil to qualify as organic - if that's your thing. ;)

Great looking babies! 7 pot is trying to keep up with Biker Billy.

They look great, keep yourself and those pepper warm with all that snow. Possible 6 inches here in Chicago, wish my peppers were six inches tall.

great looking plants Hotpeppa..simply great...

Ty Ty Ty everyone...

BIGT, baby those bastards if thats all you have left, wouldnt want you going empty handed this year...

came home lastnight to find 6 of my plants chewed into bits from this bastard !

Bruno.jpg

grrrrr !

I've got more - those were 4 of my best. I still have about 30-40 hanging in there - but a lot just got planted in March. Almost everything I planted in early January (rockwool) is dead.

Hotpeppa said:
are white bullet hab plants ( bigt ) usually top heavy and bushy ?

Yes, mine are wider than they are tall. Tons of little branches sticking out everywhere. And a ton of pods. They will get to be a pure white if you leave them on long enough. If they get a dark streak, they are over-ripe. A very tasty pod and well worth the effort. Small and meaty. Great with a 6oz can of albacore and a little mayo and chopped onion. On any kind of toast. I'm getting hungry.:)

Back