• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hottest Chilli in the World Being Grown in Grantham, Lins (UK)

captainpepper said:
I thought butch t's scorpion was the hottest one out there:cool:

the ButchT Scorpion remains the hottest thing ive ever Tried up to date.

well no a soldering Iron was Hotter BUT only in 1 area.

Nice Neil.
Cant wait to see that tomorrow or today in OZ. Havent had a chance to try the 7 pot turkey slap yet. Waiting for Ballzworth to come by.
Cheers

Looking forward to hearing what you think about the 7 Pod Brain Strain Neil.

Can't believe you did the big spit to get some seeds, that's freaking hardcore. Well you are the hardest core chilihead I've ever come across. Best of luck to ya bro.

theHippySeedCo said:

I totally agree, for me it blows away anything else I've ever had in terms of raw heat

the yellow bhut is showing true! that's some good news. hey Madhatter, you around this aft? looking forward to trying the turkey slap!

theHippySeedCo said:

Neil, glad you got your hand on some ripe Brain Strain 7 Pods to test. I once thought the T. Scorpion as the hottest chile until I tried a Brain Strain and there is no doubt which one is hotter, you will find out for yourself tomorrow Neil. Don't worry about saving any seed as since your doing a taste test for the world to see I will be happy to send you my best genetics off the original mother plant. I mean this very serious Neil, be very very careful these will hurt and you will wish to die before it's all over. Neil send me your addy and will get seed in the mail ASAP. Good luck tomorrow!

Hi Mate

Coool can't wait already wished was dead this morning so may keep the trend going this arvo, i gather its a Chinense and if could Pm any info be great as can let people know more about and when/where to get if can, thanks for the offer and will pm ya my addy later as no rush , dunno what growing next season yet but these look Great so will see how goes..

hope Luke turns Up, now that be Excellent

have a great easter tooo all :)

Hey Neil, didn't you already try the Trinidad scorpion morouga, I've heard its the same pepper as the brain strain so I'm really interested to see your review. Like you, I found the morouga blend milder than T. Scorpion(Butch T) but have not tried the brain strain yet

I said that Derek as I grew both last year as they look similiar blocky wrinkly pods, but they are different by the amount of placenta and capsaisin oil oozing from the inside of the brain strain. Why do you alway undermine my pepper gardening? I was lucky and grew a great plant from our friend in Trinidad, I was only a link in the chain of this strain I know that. I have never profited from all the seed I have shared with the many worthy chileheads around the world. Same source different strain.

POTAWIE said:
Hey Neil, didn't you already try the Trinidad scorpion morouga, I've heard its the same pepper as the brain strain so I'm really interested to see your review. Like you, I found the morouga blend milder than T. Scorpion(Butch T) but have not tried the brain strain yet

Now i'm confused. Is it the same pepper? Ive grown the TS Morouga which the strain i got from Jukka. He thought it was the hottest thing he ever tried and i was expecting to be blown away. It was very hot yes but nothing compared to my regular 7's.
Anyways i thought the Ts morouga is a cross between a scorpion and a trinidad morouga red thus the name and Cappy's BS 7's are a cross between 7 pot jonahs and trinidad scorpion. can any of you fine gentlement shed some light on this?

Anyways Neil. Good luck to you man with the Cappy Brain strain. Ballszworth and i tried your turkey slap today and we both thought is was very good and kind of pineappleish as you would say. I guess you could call it a MADBALLZ review. Good heat. not overbearing. It had a nice caribbean taste to it and left a very toasty feeling in the stomach. It would hurt most people though.

to me all different types of the 7 pod/pot look very similar to each other in terms of their pimply-ness....... i noticed that most of the 7's are partially covered in those rough patches...... Cappy's Brain Strain is the only 7 that i can definitively say looks different from the rest of the 7's (i am growing them for the first time this year...... thanx PRF can't wait to try them with the trini climate........and this year we officically have a drought........ so peppers are gonna be super hot :D....) .....

the infinity chilli in the article also has a slight resemblance to the 7 that i grew last year which i named Barrackpore 7 pot....... as i'm sure it is also similar to other 7 pot types.... lehme see if i can find a pic or two of the B7P........... ahhh there we go....... got two:

P7020068.jpg

P7100111.jpg

trinicoolieboy said:
to me all different types of the 7 pod/pot look very similar to each other in terms of their pimply-ness....... i noticed that most of the 7's are partially covered in those rough patches...... Cappy's Brain Strain is the only 7 that i can definitively say looks different from the rest of the 7's (i am growing them for the first time this year...... thanx PRF can't wait to try them with the trini climate........and this year we officically have a drought........ so peppers are gonna be super hot :D....) .....

the infinity chilli in the article also has a slight resemblance to the 7 that i grew last year which i named Barrackpore 7 pot....... as i'm sure it is also similar to other 7 pot types.... lehme see if i can find a pic or two of the B7P........... ahhh there we go....... got two:

Those are some sweet pics Trinicoolieboy!!!.. A good friend of mine also from Trinidad used to tell me that the 7 pot could get so hot that the capsaicin oil could even seep though the outer layer of the pepper. Have you or anyone else had this experience?

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I said that Derek as I grew both last year as they look similiar blocky wrinkly pods, but they are different by the amount of placenta and capsaisin oil oozing from the inside of the brain strain. Why do you alway undermine my pepper gardening? I was lucky and grew a great plant from our friend in Trinidad, I was only a link in the chain of this strain I know that. I have never profited from all the seed I have shared with the many worthy chileheads around the world. Same source different strain.

Holy crap take it easy dude, I've never ever underminded your pepper gardening and I'm not getting baited into another stupid argument. I'm sure the brain strain is an awesome super-hot pepper but I remember hearing a few people suggest it was the same as the T scorpion morouga, thanks for the new info which is all I'm after
Madhatter, I believe the Trinidad Scorpion morouga is a different pepper altogether from the Morouga red, they are just both grown in the same region of Trinidad called Morouga. As far as I know the brain strain is not a cross either just a super-hot and pimply 7-pot/pod version

Thanks Potawie. I guess its the name " Morouga blend" that throws me off and other chilegrowers out there. It makes a lot of sense that being both grown in Morouga thus the names.
Cool, will see what Neil thinks when he tests the 7 brain strain.

Back