• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Hottest Chilli in the World Being Grown in Grantham, Lins (UK)

About 25000 SHU hotter than the bhut hey. I wonder what it tastes like.

Do want. Kinda looks like a more bumpier tailess Scorpion. Kinda looks like 7-pod bumps to me.

Apparently they will be selling seeds later in the year...

Why are there Google adds appearing next to me messages INSIDE the messages??!!

:confused:

Thats former member Woody, also from the firefoods forum. It seems lately every pepper forum has their own hottest pepper in the world:)
I'm quite sure the Trinidad scorpion has been tested even higher but one SHU test is not enough to make it the world's hottest, there's lots that can go wrong with SHU tests

I wonder if the guy who grew said 'world champion' is a forum member from the UK...

(I see this has been answered already)

Yep it ain't no april fool as toleman pointed out, same vid I was gonna link to, I've got one growing this year but it's verrrrrrrry slow,
Looks like Woody has shortened the new because it used to be called 7pot infinity

A-hah!

I thought it looked like a 7-pod...

On the website it says it's a 'selected breed'. Has he crossed it with anything else, or is it a strain of 7-pod?

Aji Chombo said:
A-hah!

I thought it looked like a 7-pod...

On the website it says it's a 'selected breed'. Has he crossed it with anything else, or is it a strain of 7-pod?
I don't think Woody did any breeding, I think he just grew seeds that were given to him from another member who grew a really hot pod. Its likely just another 7-pot/pod type. Since they aren't always the most stable variety, its likely just a case of selective breeding but its probably not really any hotter than the regular 7 pot/pod

I think he had some seeds and a particular pod from the plants was very different. I'm sure he said that he'd already grown it out for a year and he is doing the same this year.

Chris

My infinity plant
DSCF2086.jpg

POTAWIE said:
No, why would it be illegal. Its just like the Dorset naga

True...I'd forgotten about that. Dorset Naga is a Naga Morich anyways...

Toleman said:
I think he had some seeds and a particular pod from the plants was very different. I'm sure he said that he'd already grown it out for a year and he is doing the same this year.

Chris

Cool. How different?

Nice infinity plant (now I want to see an endless growing plant everytime...)

Back