• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

How I am gonna quit smoking!!

Anyone ever try these?? I love them. I just ordered
2 cases of the Jalapeno seeds and 1 case of the BBQ seeds!!
36 bags total. This is how I plan on quiting smoking!!
Quit smoking get abdominal problems :lol:
actually though the jalapeno seeds are great even
have quite a bit of heat to them!!

beam.jpg

Whatever you do, I wouldn't try "Chantix"

http://nymag.com/news/features/43892/

Just stumbled across this this morning. Long read but pretty interesting.

And i LOVE those jim beam jalapeno seeds. The seeds themselves are much larger and seem higher quality than the David's ones. And i used to play baseball, so I consider myself somewhat of an authority on sunflower seeds lol.

Txclosetgrower said:
And i LOVE those jim beam jalapeno seeds. The seeds themselves are much larger and seem higher quality than the David's ones. And i used to play baseball, so I consider myself somewhat of an authority on sunflower seeds lol.

So you're a spitter, huh?:lol:

I know a few ppl who have quit with Chantix but its way too much money!!
The seed are the best sunflower seeds on the market IMO.
But the crappy thing is they are getting harder and harder to find.I had to order mine off the web and at a 3 case minimum
(although 3 cases isnt enough :lol:)

Im a big seeder and usually davids. Ranch is my favorite, but i do have a bag of the Jalapeno. I'd love to try the Beams but I've never seen them. I know david's are not the best, but they're the only ones that actually move off the shelves. I don't need a 5 year old bag of seeds lol. If i ever see the Jim Beams im buying all of them

I think the seeds will help.I have to quit for 2 reasons..
1 the tax increase and 2 the biggest reason is when a doctor
tells you to quit smoking immediedatly ..you do!!:)

Good luck Tom. I know that it can be hard, but it sounds like you've got a good plan and are determined. I've been there and wish I took your approach, because I only traded vices.

When you feel like a smoke, have a glass of water instead. Plus Cold Turkey.
After you have gone 72 hours, the actual physical with drawl is past. From there on it's all mind over matter. Good Luck. Stay with it n in a few days you will start to reap the rewards.

Sauceman51 said:
When you feel like a smoke, have a glass of water instead. Plus Cold Turkey.
After you have gone 72 hours, the actual physical with drawl is past. From there on it's all mind over matter. Good Luck. Stay with it n in a few days you will start to reap the rewards.

That mind over matter part is the tough one. I though about taking a swig of Jersey Death every time i wanted to smoke, but i havent gotten around to quitting yet(and i really should).

Thanks everyone! Its gonna be hard but I think I can do it. I have 1 bag of tobacco left and a box and a half of tubes and when that runs out I aint buying anymore!! The seeds show up this afternoon (hurry up 5 o clock :lol:) so that will help!
Now the big problem...I have 3 humidors full of cigars (some really good ones some Cubans some ok ones) what am I gonna do with those??:lol: I think maybe have 1 once a week that will last awhile!!:lol:

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
Thanks everyone! Its gonna be hard but I think I can do it. I have 1 bag of tobacco left and a box and a half of tubes and when that runs out I aint buying anymore!! The seeds show up this afternoon (hurry up 5 o clock :lol:) so that will help!
Now the big problem...I have 3 humidors full of cigars (some really good ones some Cubans some ok ones) what am I gonna do with those??:lol: I think maybe have 1 once a week that will last awhile!!:lol:

Throw them away, better still destroy them. Get rid of all Tobacco
related products, ashtrays, matches, lighters. The only lighter I still keep is one of the long kind to light the grill. No smoking in the house or car by ANYONE. If you continue to have 1 a week, then 1 will become 2, n so on.
You already have a hobby, put more time into that. Keep busy.
Join a health club. Start working out. It's all about getting
healthier, living longer, n improving the quality of your life.
Once you get over the hump, you'll finally realize that smoking is a dirty nasty habit, n wonder why it took so long to finally smarten up.

one way i found was to keep a cig just one and that would be you last one, if you have it now thats it but what if you really really need it later, i kept
My last one for a month by then it would have been to dry and not nice, so it got binned.
I still dabble but i don't smoke everyday it is no longer a habit but i might have a smoke at parties but i might not i control it now and could never in back to being a full time smoker.
But when i stopped i never quit as the thought of never again didn't sit well with me, so i stopped by knowing that i would allow myself the odd one here and there and i like it like that.

Davetaylor said:
one way i found was to keep a cig just one and that would be you last one, if you have it now thats it but what if you really really need it later, i kept
My last one for a month by then it would have been to dry and not nice, so it got binned.
I still dabble but i don't smoke everyday it is no longer a habit but i might have a smoke at parties but i might not i control it now and could never in back to being a full time smoker.
But when i stopped i never quit as the thought of never again didn't sit well with me, so i stopped by knowing that i would allow myself the odd one here and there and i like it like that.

One of my cousins can do that as well. Have a smoke every now n then. In the USA they call them social smokers. Personally for me it was all or nothing. But hey, who am I to say?
Different strokes, right?

Back