• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies How many people are gamers?

Recently moved back to PC from apple for my desktop (still have a macbook pro), and I have to say the thing I really missed is steam sales and the ability to configure the computer and games exactly the way I want to.  75% off games from steam?  Hell yes.  I put a gtx970 overclocked card in, this thing is killing everything I throw at it so far.  Still picking up the controller for the xbox one every now and then to slay noobs on COD, but loving the move back overall. 

If you are talking about apple, yes, you are right, they do have a limited range, but not a lot to choose from.

klorentz said:
 You can still use steam .my family does all the time. recently bought some games for my nephew 

Nope  I have Windows. But then I miss read what you said. Was kinda exhausted at the time. But your right lots of good games.

Ive been playing a lot of The Division on Xbox One lately...it's a really really good game!

I also play a lot of NBA 2K16 and GTA V

Strictly PC here, and nothing DRM. Swords and Sorcery role-playing genre.

GOG is my source. F- - - Steam, Origin, etc., vultures IMHO.

Awainting the next expansion of Witcher 3.

grantmichaels said:
absolutely true.

Mac is only really essential for Web weenies!
I'll end up a web weenie though ... I'm just taking a little break, still, but it's coming =)

I have a feeling my 40th birthday will spur a spree of weekend webdev sprints ...

I hope so. I think I can work, brew, exercise, and write some code ... I just really needed the brewing =)
This sounds all too familiar lol

not a gaming system guy, but spend an ungodly amount of time playing clash of clans on my phone. I use to play a MMORPG called Omerta years ago...that was fun. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNO9oeFX150&t

Dark souls fans know what this video is all about. It was so sad/beautiful in the same time that it made me cry. I could do nothing to stop those feelings coming from inside me and i am not afraid to say it because i a man.

I'm definitely not a gamer anymore, I was as a kid. I like ol' skool 8 bit and 16 bit. Anything more is too dizzying for me. I'm just old. But I was wondering if there was a place to offer up an OLD gaming system for sale around here. Is the forums section strictly for pepper related stuff? Already listed on Craigslist. Sorry for derailing this thread.

Back