• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies How many people are gamers?

Bhuter said:
I'm definitely not a gamer anymore, I was as a kid. I like ol' skool 8 bit and 16 bit. Anything more is too dizzying for me. I'm just old. But I was wondering if there was a place to offer up an OLD gaming system for sale around here. Is the forums section strictly for pepper related stuff? Already listed on Craigslist. Sorry for derailing this thread.

Now that everything seen as old is now "cool", the prices of old games has jacked up to the point of absurdity. Though because of that, you may be able to actually move that 3DO. That console wasn't much of a success.

Since you like 8-bit and 16-bit, You should get emulators on your PC. Xbox controllers are basically plug and play because they're Microsoft. It's a little bit of effort but you can also use a Playstation 3 controller or similar style controller since they're USB. If you insist on original style controller per system then www.retrousb.com is for you.

NESticle is good for original Nintendo.
ZSNES is good for Super Nintendo.
Gens is good for Sega Genesis/Sega CD.

Use an HDMI cable if you want to play them on an actual television. As for the game files, there are some ROM sites out there and there is ThePirateBay.org

I'm a cheap ass. I'd download my peppers rather than buying them if I could. lol

Ghaleon said:

Now that everything seen as old is now "cool", the prices of old games has jacked up to the point of absurdity. Though because of that, you may be able to actually move that 3DO. That console wasn't much of a success.

Since you like 8-bit and 16-bit, You should get emulators on your PC. Xbox controllers are basically plug and play because they're Microsoft. It's a little bit of effort but you can also use a Playstation 3 controller or similar style controller since they're USB. If you insist on original style controller per system then www.retrousb.com is for you.

NESticle is good for original Nintendo.
ZSNES is good for Super Nintendo.
Gens is good for Sega Genesis/Sega CD.

Use an HDMI cable if you want to play them on an actual television. As for the game files, there are some ROM sites out there and there is ThePirateBay.org

I'm a cheap ass. I'd download my peppers rather than buying them if I could. lol
Awesome!!! Thank you very much for the info. I placed an ad in the forums section here. Hoping to find it a healer. Lol. Thanks again!

I can't bring myself to let people think they have to Ebay old games for as much as they were when they were brand new, if not a lot more. The creators don't get your money that way anyway and virtual console on newer systems is a load of sh*t.

If they want you to buy a 20 year old game again, they damn well need to update the visuals or add content or......SOMETHING! Anything!

Played Magic: The Gathering back in the day. Started around the release of Unlimited.

Back