• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies How many people are gamers?

No consoles for me - they hurt my thumbs!  I'm a pc gamer - mostly fps but some mmos.  Saw some trailers for Destiny (new fps blend from Halo people?) and it looked very cool.  

edit: playing BF4, Hawken and Titanfall lately.

Not a current console gamer here.
I did play in the past with Commodore 64, Amstrad, Amiga, NES, SNES, PS1.
Since then I"ve learned the joy of PC games, but currently I only play a bit of Starcraft II and some M.U.G.E.N. every now and then.

winter is the reason I bought it...something to keep me indoors and it has carried on since then...I am in awe of the graphics on these games....I like the Rockstar games I have played so far...RDR and GTA5, but I also really the COD series...I am not an online gamer and only play by myself since I last got cussed out by 3 12 year olds.... :)

I really like the open world environments where you can just go off and explore...

AlabamaJack said:
winter is the reason I bought it...something to keep me indoors and it has carried on since then...I am in awe of the graphics on these games....I like the Rockstar games I have played so far...RDR and GTA5, but I also really the COD series...I am not an online gamer and only play by myself since I last got cussed out by 3 12 year olds.... :)
I loved the single player campaigns for the CoD series, but the multiplayer on Battlefield 4 is easily 100x better, plus there are less 12 year olds of battlefield lol!

I've got Battlefield 3 and 4 and like the campaigns and tried to play online but didn't like it....but then again, I was not as used to the games as I am now... I am just as happy to do the campaigns and explore....I loved the Red Dead Redemption and the Sabateur was cool too

I find consoles difficult personally, but I use PC a lot. Only in the summer though, other seasons I have 5-6 hours of homework to get done with.
Been playing lots of Planetary Annihilation, Starcraft, Space Engineers, and Planetside 2(Picture battlefield but with 2k players instead of 64)

Edit: "Kerbal space program yo."
This also. 

I've got Battlefield 3 and 4 and like the campaigns and tried to play online but didn't like it....but then again, I was not as used to the games as I am now... I am just as happy to do the campaigns and explore....I loved the Red Dead Redemption and the Sabateur was cool too
I havent played much in a few years but I did enjoy my 360 too. My game playing time slowed to a halt when first son was born only played a handfull of times since. Loved Red Dead Revolver and Sabatuer, I with you I dont like playing online much and like the open world concept. You should try Red Dead Redemption its the predicessor to red dead revolver so you can probably pick it up for just a couple bucks at any game stop. Another one is Dark Souls, this is a MASSIVE open world, I played this one for a few months on and off I swear it doesnt have an ending. Lastly is fallout3 another great explorer game. New Vegas is the newer one but its much shorter than fallout 3. These are games you can play over and over.

beerbreath81 said:
. Another one is Dark Souls, this is a MASSIVE open world, I played this one for a few months on and off I swear it doesnt have an ending. Lastly is fallout3 another great explorer game. New Vegas is the newer one but its much shorter than fallout 3. These are games you can play over and over.
It doesn't have an ending because everyone dies too much.
I also second the New Vegas. Short, but it has it's funny moments in addition to being a good game.

beerbreath81 said:
I havent played much in a few years but I did enjoy my 360 too. My game playing time slowed to a halt when first son was born only played a handfull of times since. Loved Red Dead Revolver and Sabatuer, I with you I dont like playing online much and like the open world concept. You should try Red Dead Redemption its the predicessor to red dead revolver so you can probably pick it up for just a couple bucks at any game stop. Another one is Dark Souls, this is a MASSIVE open world, I played this one for a few months on and off I swear it doesnt have an ending. Lastly is fallout3 another great explorer game. New Vegas is the newer one but its much shorter than fallout 3. These are games you can play over and over.

I can't fine Red Dead Revolver....Red Dead Redemption was the first game I tried and loved it...have now gone to 100% completion 4 times (I think...maybe 5)...it takes about 60 hours to do that...I am currently playing GTA5 and already have well over 100 hours on the game...am at 92% complete....I will have to try and find RDRevolver and New Vegas

one thing for you guys to remember is that I live by myself, have no children and can do pretty much as I please...I love being retired, divorced, and debt free...

I'm currently playing Nosgoth closed beta, Path of Exile and GRID Autosport on pc. Never had a console but never really wanted one.
What I'm really looking forward to is Project Cars and maybe the next Carmageddon if its ever done :lol:

Zoli said:
I'm currently playing Nosgoth closed beta, Path of Exile and GRID Autosport on pc. Never had a console but never really wanted one.
What I'm really looking forward to is Project Cars and maybe the next Carmageddon if its ever done :lol:

Played poe for a say or two, found a mirror in act one got oprah rich and the gaem got bored fast. was on nemesis too

For me it comes down to flexibility and controls.  The keyboard and mouse is just superior for me; I've large hands and the console controllers have always been an issue.  Plus I can multitask with my gaming rig - writing, research, email, graphics, etc etc.  I've been building computers for a while now and am quite happy doing so.

If only they'd let pc gamers in to play online with consolers.  Everyone would go pc shortly thereafter.   :D

Also we have a voip teamspeak server.  If any of you play pc games and want to meet strangers on the internet pm me ;)

edit: rockin 22" widescreen on a comfy office chair, but by no means is it blowed out 50" coolness.  I understand/respect the console and its place in the home. 

I'm not a gamer but I want to be. So many awesome-looking games out there... But I can't afford any of them so I stick to my free WoW.

Depending on preferences, and computer specs, you could get planetside. It runs best on 6-8 gb ram, 1.5-2 gb graphics, and 2.2 ghz processor. Assuming you have a computer like that, the game is free.

Back