How r ur peppers going in Perth west oz?

I had a burger and two coffee's for lunch but need for the work we doing in the yard.

How is a beer keg fancy, maybe they don't normally drink beer in Queensland. :rofl: If you have a aquaponics, hydroponce, or big expensive ceramic pots yeah thats fancy. Getting a keg (I'm asuming for free?), and cutting a hole in it , and growing a massive Butch T is sometime be proud of. ;) I'm happy with the butch T's I have, I have 3 of them and their growing well.

The 3rd pod looks gr8 true to form did u find the summer pods grew more true to form than the winter ones

Definitely. Dunno what it is but winter pods always look funny.

Poddage ATM...

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

Getting some pretty cool stingers too

IMG_0235.JPG

And what have we got here? Will be the first ripe one for the season

IMG_0239.JPG

How do u put ur name on the pics ?

I use Gimp but a specific watermarker like this one is probably the easiest option. Or there's plenty of other freeware watermarkers out there: http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-search.php?search_term=watermark&Submit=Search&license_filter=1&sort_field=0&lastupd_filter=0&results_per_page=20

I'm losing all my super hot pods as soon as they form. They turn yellow and drop off. I have a few different jalapeño plants that don't have this problem. Does anyone know whats happening?

I'm losing all my super hot pods as soon as they form. They turn yellow and drop off. I have a few different jalapeño plants that don't have this problem. Does anyone know whats happening?

I'm still new to growing and I've not gone through pods dropping off of super hots (need to have pods inorder for them to drop lol). My understanding is plants, drop pods to reserve their energy, so that the plant survives. So if it is too hot, the plant is getting too much sun is one example. Transplanting and/or moving the plants around. (Chilli plants are not fond of being relocated). Ferts could be another issue but I don't know enough about that, to give you an opinion.

No ferts just good ol fashion compost. They are looking great since being transplanted a month ago and they only get half day sun. They are still pretty small though bout 2ft. Maybe it wants to grow a bit more?

+1 Jayman

Heat is the big trigger for flower and pod drop. Keeping the roots cool is important. And of course chinenses are definitely harder to grow than annuums, that includes getting the pods to set.

There might be a nutrient cause too but learn from my mistake and don't try to solve every problem with additives! :P Check the temps first. Nutrients should always be the last option

Are the flowers dying and dropping off first? So they are definitely pollinated and the pod starts to grow?

This is the main culprit. Red savina, it has over a 100 flower buds on it.
8C53BF38-CDC6-4C2A-ACCB-0A76BAA00F86-4782-000002C3957CF86B.jpg
It has been raining here a fair bit though.

Yep defiantly pollinated. They all have a wee little pod inside.

From Lavatungs responce I would say he isn't using ferts at all. Does that include the likes of Seasol? Seasol can make a big difference to how much sun your plant can handle. (Wrote this before your last post)

Your leaves seem to be yellow and brown around the edges too. Not sure that is over watering though, normally leaves are more yellow but I could be wrong.

Was going to post one of my Butch T's but the picture was half a thumb shot. But I got 2 good other pictures. (good for my standards)

Aji Lemon
20121206_195805.jpg

Orange Haba-Noto (my Choc Bhut is too the left)
20121206_200642.jpg

Enjoying seeing everyone's pictures.

I went out to Green Life today and picked up 5 bags of their potting mix and also discussed my seedling issues with a very helpful guy there. He suggested that I experiment by using water to wash the roots free from the old soil and replant a few of mine in theirs. I decided to give it a shot.

My newbieness to this whole thing is really showing. When I took the things out of their small pots the mix just fell away leaving the cube from the original cell tray thing I had them in as a seedlings still sitting there like a tiny little brick. The roots hadn't really advanced at all in the month they have been out there. I washed away everything and am trying a few in this new potting mix. I def think the drainage is bad in that osmocote stuff.

In other news, I had some orange capsicum seeds that I had bagged too early and went mouldy. Tossed a few in some random put with a rose bush and they are bigger than most of the damn ones I have tenderly raised in the incubator and repotted into nice potting mix. GRRR!

Don't chat to the young guy there u want Paul ( I think) he knows his shit

M8 I'm a nube but get the right guidance ull be right and as sown seeds said ( my guru ) less is more chillis don't need much love

I usually don't wash away old soil, because I think it is just easier to transplant and the plant will have less transplant shock. But then my seedling mix normally just falls apart, and I've found that the ones that didn't fall part are now having issues because the seedling mix is too sandy and it affects the strength of the stem.

I tried to grow my own Tomatoes and Capsicums for the first time this year. I though "Oh this will be easy". Their still babies, my good tomatoes all came from a nursery.

I usually don't wash away old soil, because I think it is just easier to transplant and the plant will have less transplant shock. But then my seedling mix normally just falls apart, and I've found that the ones that didn't fall part are now having issues because the seedling mix is too sandy and it affects the strength of the stem.

I tried to grow my own Tomatoes and Capsicums for the first time this year. I though "Oh this will be easy". Their still babies, my good tomatoes all came from a nursery.

My seedling mix is like a brick when I go to transplant for some reason. I am seriously considering just sowing in Green Life's potting mix from now on....

Don't chat to the young guy there u want Paul ( I think) he knows his shit

M8 I'm a nube but get the right guidance ull be right and as sown seeds said ( my guru ) less is more chillis don't need much love

Yeah, I think it was Paul that I spoke to. The young guy directed me to him for my questions.

I'll let you know how my "washed away" ones go. If they aren't dead in a couple of days I'll do the others.

M8 I Wudnt start them in that to strong ! Jiffys r a good way to start and when the roots poke out hit it with the good shit I mean good life lol

Gave mr t a secret ingredient 2 days ago and boom
32B2D989-F556-48DF-8F6F-25947C22C742-309-0000003938A41BB2.jpg

Moruga and if u look back in the post ull c the time line still munty leaves
F9440CDF-60F4-4D5F-882B-5B0A45DA5D74-309-0000003941CC01A9.jpg

A real pod going ripe
F54C3B80-5F01-4BD6-A142-C1AD838976EF-309-0000003967BADA29.jpg

My first time tomatoes
7E01A12C-2166-4507-9DF3-9B3BA2FC6455-309-0000003B077DD647.jpg

B546F685-5EA5-400F-861B-D41BE6D9BBDC-309-0000003B1170DF19.jpg

Woz given a very special gift the sarvo from my guru !!
130DA0B1-B65F-4A1B-93C0-C3BFA449135C-309-0000003F4489C098.jpg

So what's your "secret " ingredient?? Secret because we don't know or secret as in nobody knows and its some new invention?

Back