• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

How tall and wide is a 23 inch monitor?

I am looking at new computers, especially one with a 23 inch monitor. Does anyone happen to have one and can you tell me what the outside measurements are for height and width? My desk only has so much room, you can't open the box of the computer to check and they don't have one on display. I thought this might be a good way to find what I want to know. Thanks for any help.

All would be different just look at the physical specs.

Well I was always under the assumption that if it's a 23 inch monitor you measure from top left corner to bottom right and that should be right about 23 inches. At least that's what I thought they did for TV's.

Yes, but she wants to know actual width ;)

Different monitors have different aspect rations etc. so there is no common number.

'bout this big Jackie...roflmao...sorry, couldn't stand it...

073010a001.jpg

don't know why my right arm is transparent...

LMAO at all of you!!!! Thanks for giving me some humor this morning. Yes I just wanted to know how tall it was from base to top of the monitor. I really do know the 23" is determined by diagonally measuring the screen. Bought a new printer that takes up a lot of space, 17 1/2" wide. The monitor has to fit heighth wise because I am NOT getting a new desk. If it's taller than 19" it will have to fit behind the lip from the top shelf which allows about an inch or so more height.

Most are adjustable in height via a slide of some sort in the back and then tilt. Over all I would think you should be able to get it as low as 17-20"

Every manufacturer will be different accept for the actual display area and all will be the same. So, a 23" monitor will have a display of 23", this is measured from the top left corner and measured to the bottom right corner, of the display area. Then, the chasis that houses the display area will differ as it will have the manufacturer's information and most likely set up controls buttons. And like mentioned above, some monitors can rotate for a different viewing.

I have an HP w2207h monitor (22"). So, from top left to bottom right it measures 22". The width of the viewing area(left to right) is 18 5/8", the height of the viewing area is 11 5/8". Around the outside of the viewing area is a 1" board along the right side, top, and left, the bottom is 1 1/4" to accomodate the menu button, volume up, volume down and a select buttom. So, complete dimensions for this monitor is 20 5/8" wide and 14" in height.

The depth of the monitor is 2 1/4". The monitor came with a funky stand that moves in every direction possible, on the fly, I can grab my monitor and turn it so it is 20 5/8" in height and 14" wide and the viewing area will automatically adjust(why would I want to do that? I don't know). The underside of the monitor has provision for VGA connector, HDMI connector and power. Then, along the side of the left side of the monitor has to USB ports. Oh, and on the top is a power button.

Forgot, the monitor stand has a base of 12" wide 5 1/2" deep. The has an extension that narrows to 4 1/4" and from front of base to back where the swivel attachment is is 12" deep.

I have the monitor adjusted to 5 1/2" off the desk.

Here's a pic:

HPIM1838.jpg

Thanks it's nice to know that some of the bases are adjustable. I was hoping for that feature. I'm looking at a Dell only because it offers what I want in hard drive. The one I wanted was sold out before we had the money and this is the next best choice even if it has a monster screen, I'm sure I can suffer thru getting used to that. LOL

Back