• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

How's Your Drinking Water...

millworkman said:
You live in a bowling alley?

No, i live opposite the local bowling club. The old folks play lawn bowls there, it's a very popular and boring sport here. The other people that go there mainly just put insane amounts of money through the poker machines or place bets on horse racing, dog racing, football and little numbers that come up on a screen. That's called Keno. Oh yeah one can also get sh!tfaced there if one desires.

They own the three houses that are opposite to them.

Gambling? Intoxication?

So it is a den of iniquity across the street from another den of iniquity sorta scenario?

Spot on Boutros, you hit the nail smack on the head! The only thing that it is missing is hookers :D

I don't think twice about drinking water straight from the tap, water quality here is excellent. It never has a mineral or chemical smell. The only trouble is that it's getting quite scarce with many years of low rainfall and we're on pretty tight restrictions, can't even wash your car at home, can't water lawns at any time and garden beds can only be watered twice a week in the early morning. Many new residential estates are using recycled water for outdoor use and toilet flushing, although it's definitely not suitable for drinking. They've just started work on the state's first desalination plant so the water quality may change when this comes online but at least I won't have to feel guilty about watering my plants. I could spend the dollars and install a rain water tank but if it doesn't rain then the thing's pretty useless anyway.

I wouldn't have a clue about the water here in Brisbane. I used to drink it without a problem, but now, after switching to bottled water a year or two ago, I do notice the difference and a real chemically taste if I drink it. No problems cooking with it though - I just can't stomach it straight from the tap.

Is there an inexpensive way of testing tap water somehow? Or any signs to look out for to determine whether ones water is decent or crap?

In general the tap water is good in finland. Especially if you go to countryside. People usually have their own wells outside of the cities. I live in a city and my water tastes ok but i have to lower the ph roughly for my hyrdo setup. Ph is about 8 straight from tap.

My father recalled as a boy the family that had the sweetest water had a well downhill from the neighbors outhouse.....

In general, I'm with Mr. Carlin on the subject. I drink the water.

Apparently Oakland California, where I live, has the#6th or #7th best water quality in all of the USA!!! I know! Shocking! You'd think it would be all full of blood from all the murders out here. At least that's what everyone thinks cuz of the media!!! So, no bottled water here. Straight out of the faucet. The kid will drink nothing else!

Back