• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hurricaine Sandy will hit the Lehigh Valley Area

Two people died here because of falling trees. If only they would have listened and stayed inside! Much flooding and wind damage. Power is out all over, but not here. On the bright side, the wind is dying down. Now if only the rain would. All in all, it could have been much worse.

31781038155155977041129.jpg

Good to hear you are safe man. The wind here is still pretty mild. Really nothing over a heavy sprinkle either. I would guess the Mon Wharf and some low lying areas along the Ohio River will flood a bit here. It was raining for 3 days prior to this storm.

As long as your safe and out of power, let me suggest something. If your close to the coast........fish, some of the best fishing I ever did in Florida was right after a tropical event. The barometric pressure fluctuation ad the huge tides turn fish on.

Just a suggestion

we fished soon as we could make it to the water......main thing is to make sure it is safe. Kind of dumb to die on the way to fish.

Its pretty much over here. Still have power, who hoo. No downed trees, yeah . The roads are eerily quiet.
Last night the wind really shook the house, but no damage. I haven't ventured outdoors yet, but from where I can see all is fine.

Really glad to hear y'all are ok, still sending prayers for those who may not have fared very well. Especially those along the coast that had to evacuate and whose houses are now submerged.

On the lighter side though, how to tell when it's windy in New York:

67A3A40F-C0D2-4F21-8696-895E7BB792BB-1933-000002261760E373.jpg

Hello all we fared better than many

about the worst thing that happened is out metal awning is torn apart and coming down, its just hanging there and we cant get hold of the landlord about it because it appears his power is out

the power went out all around us and our flickered a few times had to turn the computer off, but we never lost power
God was very good to me and mine i gotta say that out loud!!, i have a little mess to clean up as soon as the rain stops
there are tree limbs laying all over, but i really dont know yet how bad the damage is yet
just got a report that 170 firefighter responded to a fire in Queen NY that destroyed 50 homes they put the fires out with sea water, no report of of injury or death, and NY city is now considered a disaster zone
as i said God was good top us and i recognize this
just wanted to let everyone know we are ok

thanks your friend Joe

Hey JHP is that a random PIC or from Del?. I have relatives in Bowers Beach and Kitts Hummock. They r without power but have back up Gen.

OK when any other country in the world has a natural disaster like this , one of the first countrys to offer money and aid is the americans , Where is all the offers of aid from other countrys ? Bout time gov from around the world gave back dont you think ?
amen brother say it again!!

Hey JHP is that a random PIC or from Del?. I have relatives in Bowers Beach and Kitts Hummock. They r without power but have back up Gen.
NJ yesterday, lot's of fake pictures floating around but hopefully it is legit. I have seen it in real life on the Outer Banks and there were dead turtles and such on the beach road from this storm.

OK when any other country in the world has a natural disaster like this , one of the first countrys to offer money and aid is the americans , Where is all the offers of aid from other countrys ? Bout time gov from around the world gave back dont you think ?

Yeah - I'm sure Somalia & Haiti will go reach deep into their extensive reserves of gold bars and send it right over.

On a non-silly note, I'm really glad to hear you & yours are safe Joe. Praying for all east coast THP-ers. Especially JayT - if you saw the chili he ate last night you'd be worried about him too.
:D

Back