• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Hurricaine Sandy will hit the Lehigh Valley Area

Wishing you the best Joe and everyone in it's path. We have rain and wind. No power outage, thank goodness.
I'm in Virginia Beach, 8 miles from the coast. It's not too bad here.

Wind gusts kicking up now. Somewhere around 40 I am guessing. It has been raining hard for a while. Looks like the heaviest rain is now west and south of me in WV. We still have another 24hrs or so until the worst is passed so I am pretty sure it will get worse. So far so good.

We are doomed down here near the coast...OCMD pier in the background

285631_10151260339626368_83038199_n.jpg

Have any of you in PA heard of any snow threat to go with this hurricane?

What a huge mess that would be! Hopefully, it's not going to be cold enough for that.

Quick tip before I go to work. Fill your bathtub and/or washer with water. That way if you lose power you can still flush your toilet.

CJ there will be snow in the western and far northern parts of the state, as well as in parts of West Virginia and northwestern North Carolina. Winds are really blowing here now.

Seeing some heavy winds now. 50+. They have her projected path thru my area at 9-12 am, but on weather underground it looks like shes here now and above me slightly in the Atlantic City area. :pray:

It has been blowing here for a while, but it is getting worse. They just issued an evacuation for a town below a dam on a local small lake. They are afraid it is going to burst. Not good. 100K people without power in PA now. So far so good here.

Back