• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Hurricane Ida

Strangely the power just went out here when you posted that. It hasn't gone out in YEARS! Not even in hurricanes. I think it's a sign. We're riding this with you man! Be safe!

some crazy stuff going on there.

they lost power at hospital in thibodaux and generator power in ICU. had to hand bag the covid patients until they could move them to another part of the hospital that had generator power for the ventilators.

Last edited:
Winds at 74 mph

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210829-211612.png
    Screenshot_20210829-211612.png
    971 KB · Views: 140
Yep. what Scovie said. He/CJ and I are from the same area that is frequented by wildfires, flash floods, winter storms.... You sound like you are prepared. Hunker down, or evacuate, as the situation presents.....Be safe.

Looks like the eye went right through Hammond!

My brother and his family live in Hammond as well. Haven't heard a peep since last night. My parents live on the Westbank, just South of New Orleans. Their roof has been leaking like a sieve and several rooms have had the drywall ceilings collapse...:cry::cry:
Haven't heard form them since 7-ish last night either...

I am thinking most cell towers are down if there was widespread power loss.

when I was watching the Texas storm chasers live stream , at one point he mentioned only verison was the last cell provider still up.

I am alive and safe. Caught service while we are hunting for more gas. Power will be out for weeks. Power poles we're broke clean at the base. Power lines down everywhere. Mass Carnage. I'll update with some pictures when I get better cell service. try to update you guys as much as I could but I lost the cell towers around 9:30 during the storm. I experienced wind gust of 96 miles an hour but almost blew my front door open. It was honestly the scariest night of my life.

There's the post I've been looking/waiting for! Glad you and the family are safe.

I am alive and safe. Caught service while we are hunting for more gas. Power will be out for weeks. Power poles we're broke clean at the base. Power lines down everywhere. Mass Carnage. I'll update with some pictures when I get better cell service. try to update you guys as much as I could but I lost the cell towers around 9:30 during the storm. I experienced wind gust of 96 miles an hour but almost blew my front door open. It was honestly the scariest night of my life.
As with what DownRiver said glad your safe and your family to.Best to you and yours.

Sorry to hear about your losses - thank goodness you and family are ok.

Some BBQ friends of mine are involved with Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) and I heard the organization deployed to Hammond. Here's some info, should your family have a need. Stay safe.

OBR will be serving hot meals on a first come, first serve basis to those impacted by Hurricane Ida.

Individual walk up meals will be available until supplies run out.

Lunch pickup is at 11:00 am and Dinner is at 4:00 pm.

Meal pickup address:

Tangi Academy
43052 Yokum Rd
Hammond, LA 70403

Back