• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Hydro From Denver...!

Hi All... Great site you have here, hope there's room for a Sweet Hot lover...

Been doing the soil thing for 25 years and desided to go Hydro this year, it's been an eye opening adventure...

Did some research and built my system using a little of this and a little of that and a few of my ideas, there are six pods with 2gal reservoirs each and two main 12gal gravity feed reservoirs. Three pods per main reservoir so I can flush one side, run different nutrients and the such. The reservoirs have heaters, air and water pumps that deliver 15 minutes of aerated nutrients every hour around the clock to the plants ( hope that make since ) The system runs flawlessly and I quit proud of it, very low maintenance...

Here's some photos of the build and grow, started Christmas Day...

build1.JPG

build2.JPG

build3.JPG

build4.JPG

Very nice job on you grow room construction and hydroponic build. Your pepper plants look like they are very happy in their enviroment. Welcome to THP, more and more member are going hydro these days. What kind of bulb do you have in your HID lamp? Nutrients?

Thanks for the post Peppper Ridge, I feel at home all ready...

Here in Colorado it's a natural or you will be Pepperless during the long cold winter and it keeps me out of the bar...

I'm using a 400w Hortilux-Blue (MT400D/HOR/HTL-BLUE) on a 6' light mover. Giving them 14hrs during the night and then natural light during the day from an east facing window. They do not see much darkness and they seem to like it...

As far as Nutes, I started with PureBlend Pro Grow till flowers start showing ( 8" to 12" Tall ) and then swith to PureBlend Pro Bloom. Also adding SuperThrive and Synergy to the mix...

I've read that some use the Bloom from the jump but my tests came out with less healty plants ( at least just looking at them ) The little extra Nitogen at the start gave me healther plants...

splitcane said:
As far as Nutes, I started with PureBlend Pro Grow till flowers start showing ( 8" to 12" Tall ) and then swith to PureBlend Pro Bloom. Also adding SuperThrive and Synergy to the mix...

I've read that some use the Bloom from the jump but my tests came out with less healty plants ( at least just looking at them ) The little extra Nitogen at the start gave me healther plants...

Awesome. I've got my first true hydro system complete and seeds are germinating. Going to be using the botanicare line as well since i already ahve the pro grow.

What kind of system is that exactly? A recirculating drip or a dwc? And what is the purpose of the 2 rubbermaids stacked on top of each other?

Welcome to the boards

Welcome from Ohio.

I must bow down and pay homage. That is one of the most impressive intros that I have seen. Awesome setup and great looking plants. Hope that you get to hang here often and enjoy this site as much as we do.

Welcome from Virginia. I can see that a lot of time, thought and effort went into that. Very impressive.

Very, very nice. I keep seeing more people getting into hydro. I'm trying a few plants (toms, lettuce and bean) but your plants look fantastic.

Mike

Wow... Thanks for the Warm Welcome, makes me wish I played hooky today and hung around here...!

The system is going great and this opens a whole new world here for me, now I can grow year around. The system runs on one 15amp breaker as the 400w only pulls 9amps, the light mover was a good investment or I would need two 400w to cover the area. So far it's only costing $20 a month, as far as I can tell so that's a cheep hobby. Learned a lot this grow and thinking about expanding all ready...

Txclosetgrower...
What kind of system is that exactly? A recirculating drip or a dwc? And what is the purpose of the 2 rubbermaids stacked on top of each other?

It's a cross between an Ebb & Flow and a drip system, the 12gal res. pumps heated, aerated nutrients to the plants 15 minutes every hour. The nutes flow thru the expanded clay and drip into the 2gal res. at the bottom of the dark blue rubbermaids, then flow into a 2" PCV pipe mounted on the wall that flows back into the 12gal res. The medium blue rubbermaids are there only to lift the pods high enough for the nutes to flow back to the 12gal res. ( that is also a medium blue rubbermaid. ) I have some other ideas on how to eliminate the medium blue rubbermaids for more growing height but for peppers it's great as I don't bend like I use to...

Hotpeppa
you have done this before me thinks..lol

Once in Collage but I didn't inhale...lol

abf303
very nice set up. what peppers are you growing in there

Lady Bug's and Hungarian Wax to start with but just reading a few threads around here make's me think I need to experiment...

Welcome from Fort Worth...

great setup and good looking plants...

I also use ProGrow and ProBloom except I grow in dirt...if you haven't tried the Liquid Karma...try it, you will like it...

Back