• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

hydroponic hydroponic fatalii

i am getting many different pod shapes on the mystery plant. the black string lets my know what pods to harvest seeds from because i am crossing my scorpion and the mystery plant.

101_4942.jpg

101_4943.jpg

101_4953.jpg

abf303 said:
so far i have repotted all of my plants into 1 gallon pots with fox farm ocean forest and coco coir mixture. my hydroponic plants are doing good, my scorpion is having a bit of trouble polinating but the fatalii/mystery plant is still producing a lot of pods.
abf303 said:
so far i have repotted all of my plants into 1 gallon pots with fox farm ocean forest and coco coir mixture. my hydroponic plants are doing good, my scorpion is having a bit of trouble polinating but the fatalii/mystery plant is still producing a lot of pods.
Posting the same thing over and over?

fixed it.

i dont know if the cross took or what to expect from it, so i am going to grow the seeds i get from these pods and see how they are and so on, until i get something i like. i could do seeds sometimes after that

I am sittin here drunk and cheching on the plants and just noticed this pod is startin to ripen so i thought id share it with you guys.

101_4971.jpg

the pepper is kinda small but a lot of the pods that produced first seem to be that way, while all the newer pods are getting a lot bigger. i think i stunted the peppers somehow but the new ones are growing in fine so im happy with that.

well the pod ripened from green to yellow then to orange, i havent ate it yet but i plan to within the week.

100_4977.jpg

all the new pods that are forming vary in pod shape.

100_4974.jpg

100_4975.jpg

100_4976.jpg

thanks.

i know the fatalii was open polinated and there were other different pepper plants within the garden. so it could have been anything really, i think there was about 10 different types of peppers growing within a space of 100'. the seeds were saved from a few fatalii pods from last yr.

well today i decided i would try out the first pod.
under the lights the pepper looked orange but it did ripen to red after all.
it had a nice fruity/citrus taste and the burn came on fast and lasted for a good 15 mins, its was pretty hot but i only ate 1/2 of the pod. this pod produced zero seeds.

100_4983.jpg

100_4989.jpg

100_4995.jpg

thanks

i had 6 plants in this system last year but it was way to much for my area. so i have 2 in this system and plan to grow 18 plants outside.

i only harvested the first ripe pepper, which was real small so it had no seeds. i dont expect to get any seeds from the smaller peppers, but the ones i polinated are already bigger then the one i harvested so i should get some seeds from those pods.

carribean red. the pod was small and had very little placenta so hopefully a bigger and more developed pod would be hotter

Nice pictures, i like your setup, ive bought a hydroponic dripsystem and will switch after this season think. What fertilizer and what dosage do you use? EC, pH? grow/bloom.

Back