• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I hate living in a small town

At least sometimes...

Decided to get some epsom salt the other day, so I visited all stores that could possibly carry it. That took me almost 20 minutes and most of that was time spent walking... Ended up almost forcing the lady at the health food store to special order it for me because I did some research before and knew one of her suppliers have it. She had never heard of epsom salt despite my list of the different names that are used for it in Sweden. I did get a good deal on the price because she made the sell before she even ordered the product - othervise I would have ordered it off of the internet. I will get it next week.

I ordered 2 kilos so I don't have to do that again any time soon...

I can understand it because I have had to undergo similar situations before.

But peace is one thing you can never get anywhere except ini small towns/villages.

Having just had to hunt down some epsom salt this past weekend, I can empathise. ended up finding it in the chemist.

I can always put a handful in an envelope and post it to ya! :P

I'm sure the postal authorities in Sweden won't mind you receiving an envelope with some white crystal powder on it...;)

Pharmacies or even our little country store has it in our area also, but sometimes they have it in the indigestion isle, as one of it's other functions is to keep things running smooooothly.

It pays to cultivate a good relationship with the local shop-keepers so you can get those special orders~

Went to pick up my epsom salt today.

Apparently the owner of the store "misplaced" my order, so I'll have to wait another two weeks until they have the next delivery. I curse myself for not saying "Bite me" and ordering online!!!

But what can I say? She is a MILF... and I am a stupid, stupid man...

Back