• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

I JUST GOT BANNED AT MY FIRST SHOW!

I just came back from the Royal Darwin Show. For thos of you who do not know, Darwin is in Northern Australia and is a bit of a backwater compared to the rest of Australia. Anyway, this year I entered two bottles of my sauce into the Royal Darwin Show for the first time.. as in this is the first time EVER I have entered a sauce into anything. I entered one sauce in the chilli sauce section (My Trinidad Scorpion ButchT Traditional Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce AKA "SIN") and one in the Pouring Sauce section (I entered my "NT" Trinidad Scorpion ButchT BBQ sauce). When my wife dropped off the sauces last week (I was away with work) she asked that they include a note about the heat. They would not let her. They said it was prohibited and all entries must be in clean skinned glass vessels. Even my 8 years old daughter piped up and told them to make sure they have some milk nearby. Anyway, today when I got to the Darwin Show privillion I noticed that my sauce was not in the display. So I went up the front and asked the steward why it wasn't. She went over and spoke to one of the judges. They chatted for a bit and did lots of pointing at me. This old lady came over who was THE judge (yes. There was only one judge. She was about 70+years) And she said "Sir. Was that some sort of joke? We do not know what you put into your sauces, but they are not welcome here."

GOLD GOLD GOLD!!! HILARIOUS!!

I later found out they did blind tastings by pouring a sample of each sauce into a plastic spoon. LOL!!!

lol. I was laughing too much to ask. I get to pick my sauce up on Sunday. I will certainly be asking. GOLD.

Although I was a bit disgusted at first that the entire event was run by old biddies... But what she said certainly made up for it. One old lady stewrad told me about the judges reaction when she ate my sauce. She said she ate it and was fine for a second, then started to panick. Man. This sauce is so hot I can hardly bare it.

Your damn lucky that she did not suffer cardiac arrest or just plain spazz out! They need to be more open to warnings me thinks!

Dude, super hot sauces are no joke. Ample warnings should have been given.

I bet that judge thought she was dying..

I was at the bank yesterday and had a conversation with the teller, she said she grew hot peppers to make massively hot chili, I asked what peppers she said
cayenne.

I laughed and said I thought you grew hot peppers.

and for the judge, she probably just thought you sprayed mace into the jar and colored it red. She must have practically swallowed her tongue when she tasted it.

lol. No 'Gay' is an Australian term that kind of means "its stink" or "lame". No reference to homosexuals.
Maybe so, but this community consists of more than just Australians and the way you used it is somewhat offensive. watch your language.

Dude, super hot sauces are no joke. Ample warnings should have been given.

I bet that judge thought she was dying..
Even though he wasn't there to drop off the sauce, his family did request that a warning be put on the bottle. The event planners are the ones who refused and rejected the requests for warnings. In my eyes all the fault is on the event coordinators, they should have listened.

I suppose the days of having a firm warning and a serious warning are over. You always warn somebody, be careful it's really hot, and they think they can handle it.
So, EVERYBODY knows, when I say, caution - it is hot, they usually don't even bother trying.

It's because of every-bodies ego, and not a lot of people realize how hot a chilli pepper can actually be, completely all natural. A birds eye to most people is the hottest they go near. fail.

We did actually have an ingredients list and warning on the front when my wife dropped them off, but the lady steward insisted that they had to have no labels to be entered. So the warming label had to be peeled off.

i know its a bit off the topic but i ate chips with habanero and i thought they were bar be qued. i thought i was poisoned. lol i can picture the tastings lol

Even though he wasn't there to drop off the sauce, his family did request that a warning be put on the bottle. The event planners are the ones who refused and rejected the requests for warnings. In my eyes all the fault is on the event coordinators, they should have listened.

Even my eight year told the "Make sure you have a glass of milk bearby". Oh well. maybe they will listen next year.

Maybe so, but this community consists of more than just Australians and the way you used it is somewhat offensive. watch your language.

For informational purposes in the States if you hear anyone under 21 use it, it could just well as mean lame. Gone are the gay days when every one was just happy. Language--what a hoot.

For informational purposes in the States if you hear anyone under 21 use it, it could just well as mean lame. Gone are the gay days when every one was just happy. Language--what a hoot.
the OP only joined the forums to argue with a member here saying he was a bad seller. http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/23234-watch-out-for-darwincomedy-on-ebay-buying-butch-t-seeds/ . Hence the cool reception from some forum regulars.

Back