• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense I Lost My Heart To A Habanero...

Skydiver said:
Take an orange hab and thinly slice some strips.
Fry the strips on screaming high heat for a few seconds in a few drops of canola oil.
Top these on some real vanilla ice cream with a bit of either honey or a good choccy sauce.
Enjoy.

I saw this on Good Eats, can't take credit for it, but AB was spot on when he said that something about the relationship of vanillins to capsaicin makes for a wonderful combo.

Edit for: while my hab experience is limited to orange so far, I can say that the hab I'm most eager to try is the red savina, and that is solely due to Neil's awesome vid.

Skydiver love that combination :)

I love Red Dominica Habs, I completely forgot about them, I grew them this year, another one which I'd highly recommend is Harold-St-Barts.

Skydiver said:
Take an orange hab and thinly slice some strips.
Fry the strips on screaming high heat for a few seconds in a few drops of canola oil.
Top these on some real vanilla ice cream with a bit of either honey or a good choccy sauce.
Enjoy.

I saw this on Good Eats, can't take credit for it, but AB was spot on when he said that something about the relationship of vanillins to capsaicin makes for a wonderful combo.

Edit for: while my hab experience is limited to orange so far, I can say that the hab I'm most eager to try is the red savina, and that is solely due to Neil's awesome vid.

That's exactly what I have to try!

I had the chutney written down in my profile not only with meatand salmon but also with ice cream and I absolutely enjoyed it.

I gotta go with the orange hab....

A one evil.

Imagen081.jpg

Nothing like a evil red habanero, is the best flavor.

The white bullet and the chocolate hab....

I love the flavour of the chocolate hab in cooking and sauses....

I'm planning on making an all white chilli sause with white bullet habs, white tomatoes and white capsicums, and also a chocolate colour sause with chocolate habs, brown capsicums and black tomatoes....

with a doubt it has to be the humble everyday generic orange hab. it was the first of the truly hot pods that I'd ever tried and I remember it completely taking me by surprise with its heat. it burnt me then and still burns me now. I've got five seedlings underway for this season.

Not to steal the thunder, this is a great thread and topic, but it seems to me that a poll would show that orange is a runaway leader.

I'd like to see the poll results if everyone would care to repeat their endorsement from this thread. Thanks!

cheezydemon said:
Not to steal the thunder, this is a great thread and topic, but it seems to me that a poll would show that orange is a runaway leader.

I'd like to see the poll results if everyone would care to repeat their endorsement from this thread. Thanks!

It was never designed to be a poll just to see what habs people loved,but to show people the variety of the hab and perhaps interest others on growing other variety's..Polls are ok for somethings but not everything and in this case most had more than one choice..No thunder taken as there wasn't any :shocked::lol:

Back