I need your help

If you can get these following pods at the grocery store or else where, PLEASE let me know!

Red Habaneros, Monzanos, Rocoto, Red Jalapeno, red fresno, bhut jolokia

PexPeppers said:
If you can get these following pods at the grocery store or else where, PLEASE let me know!

There is Sprouts food market here that has Bhut Jolokia. I don't know about the others but they have a bunch. 

Pex I got two Hispanic grocery stores where I work. I got you covered on the red jalapenos. How many do you need?
I'll let you know if the other store has any of the others in a bit.
They got Manzano as well. Let me know by 9pm and I can pick some up if you need.

Pex I got two Hispanic grocery stores where I work. I got you covered on the red jalapenos. How many do you need?
I'll let you know if the other store has any of the others in a bit.
They got Manzano as well. Let me know by 9pm and I can pick some up if you need.

Store here 7.99 for manzanos I bought 1 for the seed the size of a fist

hogleg said:
Damm those prices are awesome 2na!
Haha I bet compared to California where it costs 4 times what is here. Probably make 4 times as much as me though.
grantmichaels said:
They had a full selection of peppers at Publix this morning, but the habanero's were orange if I'm not mistaken ...
I remember the days of Publix in boca raton!

I could check our local Fiesta Market, I have recently seen HUGE red jalapenos and orange manzanos.
Let me know soon, tied up all weekend.

Scratch that, I just stopped by there and the selection is less than mediocre.

Nothing now but in a few months likely some.  If you want to give me a full list for next year, I will make sure I grow them without any obligation.  Kind of want some day to brag about my produce being used by x, y, and z hot sauces.  Not that I object to it in the slightest, but my current bragging rights only include that my peppers are used as dares and bets by most of the immigrant tobacco workers in the area.  It is so fun to watch.

BTW: Same goes for all produce that you think can be shipped reasonably.  If someone tells me they want it, I will grow it because someone else will buy the stuff if they change their mind.  If they dont, then we eat it, can it for later, or bring it to the food pantry.

PexPeppers said:

A grocery store near me used to carry red fresno.   They like to call them red jalapeno sometimes but they are pointed like a fresno.  Could try to get there monday or tuesday and see if they have any if thats not too late.  Won't be back that way till I go back to work Monday.

I have never seen any of these at any supermarket I've been to lol Most exotic one is the standard orange habanero... It's a shame the mainstream supermarkets never carry ripe jalapenos or serranos :/

I have a Sprouts and a Mexican/hispanic market though... because of this thread I am going to visit them soon! I'll post here if I see anything you listed. Or anything interesting.

I was at a Mexican market here once called Lolas and I wanted to get some habaneros and in the box they had 3 really wrinkled red peppers with a stinger on the bottom. Only 3 out of like 100 peppers in that box. This was before I got into peppers so I bought then chopped one up with lime juice and onions and just a few drops were so hot that I lost the ability to tell flavor on my Carne asada. Should a saved some seeds

Back