• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I should be a father by now

This past Sunday was the due date for our first baby. We've had a couple of false alarms but would give anything for her to go into real labor now lol. We've been doing just about everything a google search for "home labor induction" turns up and have had no luck. I can't wait to meet my son and we're getting really anxious. Anybody here ever do anything that worked to get a woman to go into labor?

Bring on the spice! Spicy food is said to help induce labor. :dance: Get that son of your liking the spice early. :rofl:

The same thing that caused the baby is also suppose to be a good way to get it to come out.

well congratulations in advance and think about it this way the longer you wait the more satisfying it will be when he arrives

First of all, RELAX. Baby would come when is ready. The more you get stressed out the more baby pick up on it.

Our son was a month early. The little guy couldn’t wait to see this world. Almost 24 hours of breath taking labor and he came out screaming so loud with his eyes wide open, kicking and swinging from left to the right. He was and is still a HANDFUL ONE. :lol:

Be there for your wife and make sure to not disappear from delivery room marching back in 20 min later with all video camera equipments while your other half is trying to catch her breath. :rofl:

When I went into the labor with our daughter, I made sure to leave camera man at home and marched in delivery ward all by myself , holding my belly with one hand and big suit case with other. :rofl: :rofl:

Btwy, the camera man is a member on this forum as well ( SuperHot). :rofl:

Good luck to you and your wife. Wish you all the best, fast and easy delivery and healthy and happy baby.

Get some rest now, you would be sleep deprive for rest of your life. :rofl: .

You may want to try doing exactly the same thing that got her pregnant in the first place ;) Seminal fluid has been shown to induce labor in some cases, firsy pregnancies sometimes go overdue a week or two! Best of luck and congrats! :D

Relax for her. They come when they are good and ready just like seeds. Walks help but calm moral support for her really helps

Or if you have any friends that own Harly's you could have her sit on an idling Hog for about an hour at a time with like a 15 to 30 min break between. Worked for a buddy of mine :cool:

Give her a massage from the knees all the way down to the bottom of the feet. Make it thorough. I've heard it works >>FAST<< from eyewitnesses.

Jamie

BBQ did it for my first son. At least we believed that 30 years ago.
crazy.gif
Congratulations. When the time comes, it will be the most beautiful time of your life.

Hows it going belltold? Any news yet? if not, go for a nice long walk with your wife and then when you get back run her a nice warm bath :) dont know if that will work.. I went a few days early and it was just finishing work that got me going - I finished 1 week before the due date and only had one day off before Emily decided to arrive!

Prepare yourself for a lot of sleepless nights, people said it to me and I thought it would be ok, but it is truly exhausting! Absolutely rewarding but exhausting at the same time - and be there for your wife after the birth as much as you can, even if its just to hold bub whilst she has a shower - I'm still spending most days in my pajama's (today I managed to get out of them! Yaay!) and Emily is now 4 weeks old!

Best of luck on your new adventure!

we went in for a Non-stress test yesterday and our little guy passed with full marks! We've been scheduled for an induction on tuesday night, which would bring him into this world sometime wednesday, so I can definitely say by this time next week, I will be holding a baby while trying to ask all my newb pepper questions. Sunday is actually my wife's birthday, so now I'm almost hoping he stays in so we can get passed her birthday and 4th of July. In our family, just about everyone has to share a birthday with some other event. My birthday is on xmas, my mother in-law is 12/29, my father in-law is usually within 1 or 2 days of father's day if it doesn't happen to be on it exactly, my sister in-law is one day before the in-law's wedding anniversary, and my wife is july 3rd and growing up she always thought the fireworks were for her lol. If we make it to the induction date and he's born on the 6th, at least there's a little bit of separation.

We've tried everything except for castor oil. My wife doesn't really like the idea of having explosive diarrhea while trying to give birth.

You may want to try doing exactly the same thing that got her pregnant in the first place ;) Seminal fluid has been shown to induce labor in some cases, firsy pregnancies sometimes go overdue a week or two! Best of luck and congrats! :D

Exactly right. Worked for me both times!

Well in a few hours my wife and I head off to the hospital where they are going to induce labor. It's somewhat disappointing that we didn't get to have that "Honey, It's Time !!!" moment, but at this point I'd just assume not wait any longer to meet my kid. if everything works out by this time tomorrow he'll finally have come into this world. Just gave all my plants everything they'll need since we wont be coming home til friday, and hoping that when I get back my sprouts are still green and with some luck, my stragglers will have broken surface.

I can honestly say the last time I was this excited was the night before my wedding.

He made it!!!

So we we're scheduled for an induction tuesday night, but the hospital called us saying they were too busy to take us and to check the next night. A few hours labor my wife went into labor. Apparently one would be wise not to bump my son's reservations lol. Anyway, 7/6/2011, Mason joined us at 8lbs. 13oz. and 20.5" and healthy! Pictures to come

Back