• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Indoor Grow Area (Build & Grow) PICS

Update....

There are 53 Brain Strain Red as of tonight! Plants are looking like they love the grow area AND the lights above them :) Heres the BS Red from just now at the nursery...

IMAG1054.jpg

And heres the upper area....again....lol

IMAG1056.jpg

To Be Continued....

Hey just a quick question. How long did it take for the brain strain to sprout? I've had some going for a few days now and they aren't even cracked open yet

Edit: saved your number in my phone. I might make a stop at the nursery soon and check it out. Quite a set up you've got there

Hey just a quick question. How long did it take for the brain strain to sprout? I've had some going for a few days now and they aren't even cracked open yet

Edit: saved your number in my phone. I might make a stop at the nursery soon and check it out. Quite a set up you've got there

Your welcome to stop by anytime...preferably tuesday wednesday or saturday :) And let me know so i can bring the 360 with me to let you take home and work on :) We can work out a trade if you like...

UPDATE...

Wanted to update on a few things...heres the nutrients im using in this indoor setup...

IMAG1067.jpg

Also the PH up/down kit...

IMAG1076.jpg

A few things grew big enough it was time to put them outside in the shadehouse to harden off :)

White Bhut Jolokia
IMAG1071.jpg

Infinity Chili
IMAG1072.jpg

Heres what they look like coming out of the 72 cell tray...

IMAG1079.jpg

And into the new 4" pots where they will stay until spring :) 1/2 Tsp. Osmocote 4 month Vegetable fertilizer in EVERY pot :)
Half way down to prevent spillage if the pots are knocked over by cats or raccoons or random nursery wildlife...lol

IMAG1083.jpg

Heres the whole 72 cell tray water/liquid fed...we use a 2 phase fertilization here at Baker's Peppers..we use a topdress/capsule extended release(4 month) PLUS a supplemental water soluable Liquid feed fertilizer every 10 days or so :)

IMAG1089.jpg

Here they are up on the elevated tablesin the shadehouse :) We have enough space on these tables for all 7,000 plants we are doing this winter :) Probably enough space for 10,000 if we wanted to do that many..we just might!!

IMAG1090.jpg

They took roughly 7 to 8 days to pop the surface :)

Nice dale! Looking like things are getting pretty serious over there. I'll be stopping by sometime soon and taking a gander.

Bud

Nice dale! Looking like things are getting pretty serious over there. I'll be stopping by sometime soon and taking a gander.

Bud
Hey Bud...sounds good...u been a stranger lately...lol...Ur welcome to stop by anytime :) Things have changed since your last visit to the nursery...moved the party indoors! Getting the lights all hooked up in the bottom this week hopefully done by saturday..then its HYDRO time!! :)

Update....

Well...all the 72 cell tray seedlings outgrew their space! Time they all were potted up into 4" pots and out into the nursery they go! :) This is the average size of them..after 4 weeks from dry seed! Gotta love the 16 T5 grow lights!!

IMAG1106.jpg

So now that all 4 of the 72 cell trays are out of the grow area i can use the other 288 cell tray finally :) I decided to put a little excitement into it :) In this tray we have 3 different seeds....from 3 of my friends :)

IMAG1109mod.jpg

Here they are all single planted....each soaked for about an hour in warm water...

IMAG1112.jpg

And here they are in the grow area! I wanted to showcase 3 very upstanding individuals who have helped me and MANY others!! They are ALL very good seed sources and now u get to see them all grow side by side!! All Eyes on Cappy!! :) Thanks for the seeds my friend! Ipurchased 125 of these Yellow BS from Cappy...he sent me a bunch of freebies and there were 175 Yellow BS !! AWESOME deal!! For those of you keeping score at home...heres a chart to help you know whos seeds are where :)

IMAG1120mod.jpg

Also..heres the 288 cell of Trinidad Scorpion Red I got from Chad S.....WOW!! they will all have to be potted up on saturday into 4" pots and out into the nursery they go!!

IMAG1121.jpg

Heres an update on PepperLovers first tray of Red Brain Strain...about 200 have popped!! Nice so far! Thanks Judy :)

IMAG1123.jpg

Heres how the upper area looks now :) All the 72 cell trays are gone!!

IMAG1124.jpg

And i FINALLY got the doors on the grow unit!! Looks pretty good i think :)

IMAG1127.jpg

To be Continued....

I would be interested in knowing how many of the yellow brain strains revert back to red...

Back