• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Indoor Grow Area (Build & Grow) PICS

UPDATE....

I have some extra space in one of my greenhouses that i want to do something with...The space is already set up with a drip system inline fed fert system, plus over head sprinklers for normal watering. I decided i wanted to ask some of the people who are interested in this type of stuff what they would like to see done with the space! :) I wanted to let the "fans" have some input here and that way everyone can kinda enjoy the progress as it goes :) Heres some pictures of the space and please feel free to post up here ANY ideas or sketches or thoughts about this! I have an idea of what im wanting to do but perhaps we can all come up with a SOLID use of the space thats efficient and cost effective and fun to FOLLOW :)

Heres the pics....

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

Heres the inline drip Reservoir and such...the components that make up the system....

IMAG0041.jpg

These tables are coming out (obviously lol) Funny story...i actually helped my dad build these tables when i was knee high to a grasshopper!! :) I was like 7 or 8 i think, id have to ask him....but i "had" to help cus it was punishment for something i did wrong..back then i had ZERO interest in this type of stuff....Funny how things turn out in life i guess....take note of that thought! :) But im sure some tables may replace it, or i may actually do some plants in hanging baskets here or something....again...open to suggestions here too! :)
IMAG0042.jpg

Since building those tables pictured above, my dad has come up with the "WAY" beter way to build them (this biz is a learn as u go biz!) This is the new "time tested tables"...the ones above lasted 2 years...lol..these new ones replaced them and have been there 16 years now :)
IMAG0045.jpg

BTW.....like i said...anyone have any interest in some Sugar Cane?? Plants or cane itself....

To be continued....

UPDATE......

Ok so things are rolling right along now....i have about 5000 plants on the ground out in the greenhouses....A mix of things...Bhut Jolokia Choc & Red & Yellow & Purple, Trinidad Scorpion Red & Yellow & Choc, Some different Naga types, Brain Strain Red & Yellow, and so on and so forth :) Heres some recent shots of the stuff....

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

Thats the most recent stuff to come out of the grow box...the 2500 older 2 month old plants i dont have pictures of but they are about a foot tall now...

Heres the current grow box as of tonight....roughly 2500 or so in there now....

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

Heres some close ups of each tray so you can see what type it is :)

IMAG0157.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

To Be Continued....

Continued....

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0163.jpg

Heres a shot of my current temps im running inside the grow box...82 or so :)

IMAG0165.jpg

I also have about 5000 more seeds to go in once the current seedlings come out throughout the next month or so..im averaging 2-3 trays coming out a week....things are rolling right along :)

To Be Continued....

Nobody like a showoff! Can't wait 'till I retire! I have 3 hay barns and 3 tractor sheds just begging for this treatment!

After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that I dont like you! (It would in no way come from the "little pepper syndrome" I currently am afflicted with :snooty: )

[says to himself again and again, "bigger is NOT better :banghead: , bigger is NOT better...... :banghead: ]

After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that I dont like you! (It would in no way come from the "little pepper syndrome" I currently am afflicted with :snooty: )

[says to himself again and again, "bigger is NOT better :banghead: , bigger is NOT better...... :banghead: ]
Sorry...i seriously hope u dont hate me...lol :)

Man I can't wait to see the operation in two three months. And then again at the end of the year. Ha welcome to the jungle! I think I'll wait til like march or April to snag a plant or two. GO BIG OR GO HOME lol.

Bud

I just visited the obrien family farm in bradenton at christmas! He's doing vertical farming had some of the finest vegetables I've ever seen! Mostly straberries in his fields.He wasn't into peppers I asked him maybe bell peppers. It fueled my love for gardening bought a vertical set up to try drip.
I grow almost all hot peppers here in NC. but family all down in clearwater and port charlotte I'll be down in 3-4 more years if I make it haha!

I just visited the obrien family farm in bradenton at christmas! He's doing vertical farming had some of the finest vegetables I've ever seen! Mostly straberries in his fields.He wasn't into peppers I asked him maybe bell peppers. It fueled my love for gardening bought a vertical set up to try drip.
I grow almost all hot peppers here in NC. but family all down in clearwater and port charlotte I'll be down in 3-4 more years if I make it haha!
Nice :)

Back