seed-train International Seed Train

It would be cool to have some sort of map imagery or google earth plug in to view / track where the package is and has been!

I'm still on that but haven't had a lot of time yet, moving in a week now but i'll see what I can do ...

Reactions: nee
Ive sent 6 mail to canada, 2 got lost, expecting 4 mail only 2 came, just my two cent.

Yeah but Florida-quebec is not too far away. Let's wait and see what happens. I feel kinda guilty now, about the whole ''did not receive'' thing even if it's not my fault.

I sure hope it gets there, I feel the same way Marc =(

to me, 1300 miles is a long way haha! not as far as Key West to the tip of Alaska perhaps... but still a long way :)

Yeah but Florida-quebec is not too far away. Let's wait and see what happens. I feel kinda guilty now, about the whole ''did not receive'' thing even if it's not my fault.

We do this together, so no guilty at all, after all it's just seed. We can gather some more of em and do this with another way/packaging.

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Hello friends ...
What do you think of the idea of starting another train alongside it by another way, so we will have another opportunity to receive the train.
Eephus Man ... what we talk about it?

Hugs.
Tuca[/background]

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Hello friends ...
What do you think of the idea of starting another train alongside it by another way, so we will have another opportunity to receive the train.
Eephus Man ... what we talk about it?

Hugs.
Tuca[/background]

Good idea. I could send the seeds I have to trade so it's not a TOTAL loss....
And no mail today....

Maybe, Tuca. Might be fun to try and figure something out. I wonder if it might work better with specific requests sent to a central hub and then sent back out.

A THP "Seed Bank" of sorts. The kind where you always have to make a deposit in order to make a withdrawal.

Thoughts, anyone?

It could turn into quite a workload for the administrator, but it sure would be fun. We could have a fixed number of participants from each region and always cap it at that number. Turnover could be voluntary, or involuntary without check in every quarter or so.

The only downside is international shipping charges, which can add up over time coming from the "Bank". But we might also be able to do "mini trains" within a region from the bank. Dunno. Just kinda brainstorming.

It certainly would eliminate large lump losses.

I'll do it, as long as there is interest. I can start a set of guidelines (which we'll have to follow to make it more streamlined).

The kind where you always have to make a deposit in order to make a withdrawal.

Thoughts, anyone?

That`s how it normally works in nature Eric. :party:

Ya think Ricky, Julian & Bubbles may have stolen the packet mistaking the seeds for something else? :high:

tpb.jpg

Im sure it will turn up soon,

Mezo.

lol. Nice, Mezo. I don't know what it is that's so endearing about you Aussies. I can't tell you how many (not THAT many) I've run into in Texas that fit like a glove with our culture. My wife and I VERY much looked into trying to move over there at one point in time, but y'all have a pretty good lock down on any non-essential jobs over there. It would be a blast to move the fam there for about 2-3 years, just to do it.

lol. Nice, Mezo. I don't know what it is that's so endearing about you Aussies. I can't tell you how many (not THAT many) I've run into in Texas that fit like a glove with our culture. My wife and I VERY much looked into trying to move over there at one point in time, but y'all have a pretty good lock down on any non-essential jobs over there. It would be a blast to move the fam there for about 2-3 years, just to do it.

Haaa, im no Australian i just choose to live in the best country in the world, i could have gone anywhere but i chose this place. After i decided this is where i wanted to live the fat immigration guy said "you need to bring a skill to this country if you wanna live here"

So i did four a year electrical apprenticeship, got the skills which was needed & went a shoved it in the fat immigration mans face "now let me in you fat ocker" :P

Slightly off topic i know, now has anyone seen that package?

Mezo.

Back