seed-train International Seed Train

Interesting.
Last year I received a package from Superhot, from the USA, and he sent it with USPS as First-Class International Mail. I was able to track it not only in the USA, but within Hungary as well. (maybe because that was registered mail, or am I mixing something?)
The funny thing is when I wanted to send a similar package back, at the post office the staff said that the tracking number would work only within the Hungarian borders... But I was able to see the stops even in the USA... :surprised:
Anyways, no matter who sends this package to me, must send it as registered mail, since the Hungarian postal service is not the best in the world...and I was too nice with them. :P

Same thing here, from 15 mail to the us with registered mail only 5 of em have detailed stops, the rest just said that the mail is in transit. Maybe the 5 just get lucky, or some mixed up? all i care is the mail arrived, otherwise, i send another one (only happened once to canada).

Absolutely, cabosa! I'll put you down on the waitlist for the next go 'round. Thanks for checking in!

Do you grow outdoors? How do most pepper varieties grow in your climate, which seems to be fairly cool (by pepper standards), but also very consistent?
Hi, i grow indoors and them transfer to outdoors,it´s a freaking island so the weather is very humid and temperature is consistence if a little low for peppers but i have some nice plants and with proper care they all do fine till the warmer weather, txs for let me join, its a great way to select new varieties to make the perfect pepper garden :)

That USPS tracking doesn't work internationally, ive spent hundreds over the years on ebay when sellers insisted i had to have it or they wouldn't ship it, all it ever said "its left the USA" :crazy:

When i look at that link thats what i expect to see, exact details of where it is currently, i think only UPS & FedEx offer & worldwide real tracking solution & boy is that ever expensive & you need an account with both of them. :crazy:

Mezo.

Yeah. Its hit or miss. When I went to send Andi the package in Austria, tracking was an option, but it was (for me) prohibitively expensive, and I suspect it might've looked something like you're talking about.

I mainly posted just so those that wanted to follow it through the states could do so. And its possible this is available with other intramail systems as well, at least.

-E

Hi, i grow indoors and them transfer to outdoors,it´s a freaking island so the weather is very humid and temperature is consistence if a little low for peppers but i have some nice plants and with proper care they all do fine till the warmer weather, txs for let me join, its a great way to select new varieties to make the perfect pepper garden :)

You bet! Are there any varieties of peppers there that have been around long enough to be considered "local".

Yeah. Its hit or miss. When I went to send Andi the package in Austria, tracking was an option, but it was (for me) prohibitively expensive, and I suspect it might've looked something like you're talking about.

I mainly posted just so those that wanted to follow it through the states could do so. And its possible this is available with other intramail systems as well, at least.

-E

You bet! Are there any varieties of peppers there that have been around long enough to be considered "local".
Hum, there's the Portuguese hot , a kind of cayenne pepper, maybe of interest to someone ??

So excited for this! Thanks so much for organizing this Eephus Man! :cheers:

I'm toward the end of the line, so I can only imagine what this is going to look like by the time it gets to me! :onfire:

yes Eric, thanks for the organisation
smilie_op_015.gif

Eephus Man (with a lot of help from cory_huck and capsidadburn) (Austin, TX) - Departure on May 30, 2012
windchicken (Louisiana)
CUBANSURFER (Louisiana) - Pending Confirmation
RocketMan (Florida) - Pending Confirmation
jsschrstrcks (Florida)
hixs (Virginia) - Pending Confirmation
Marclocas (Québec)
tucabail (Brasil)
indoChilli (Java)
Scuba_spice (Sulawesi) - Pending Confirmation
nee (Victoria)
TheFanMan (Victoria)
Peakey (Queensland)
Meso (New South Wales)
iziko (Israel)
liavah (Israel)
MisterNo (Croatia)
HabaneroHead (Hungary)
Ak4722 (Austria)
Beehunter (Switzerland)
chilifaninspain (Spain)
Johnaton (Belgium)
orrevs (Sweeden)
dogshow (United Kingdom) - Pending Confirmation
bushwackxj (British Columbia)
nate6279 (California)
Argflores (California) - Pending Confirmation
Pash (California) - Pending Confirmation
HwyBill (Illinois)
Greenhouse4green (Illinois)
Eephus Man (Texas)/demonpepper (Mexico)

:) Can't wait... Its like christmas haha.

Cubansurfer never confirmed? How does that work when you get to someone on the list that hasn't confirmed?

Ken,

He did not. I actually have his address, but did not hear from him in time. I'm doing my best to personally contact everyone that has not confirmed, and in time to make sure we don't hold up the train. If CS hits me up in the next couple of days, we can get him back on the train on the way out of Florida.

Meanwhile, you'll be seeing a package from Gary early next week, I suspect. :)

Ah, so, the train will be skipping the people who dont get confirmed? Can they reboard and if so at the bottom or next go around or where?

Ah, so, the train will be skipping the people who dont get confirmed? Can they reboard and if so at the bottom or next go around or where?

Correct. And it'll likely be the next go 'round unless they confirm close to the train's current location.

Which means I'll likely be mailing the box to quebec, unless we hear back from Hixs in time :)

hixs has been in contact and says he's in. Just has been unable to consistently be in front of a 'puter lately. I suspect you'll have his address fairly soon. But it is possible that you're our lucky first border-crossing mailer! :)

Great question and one I have no idea about.

My limited experience with sending to Europe has been that it is $40+ get confirmation/tracking. I wouldn't expect anyone to spring for that as a rule. But I'm unsure with Canada. Might be better. It was all of $4 to send from here to Mike with a tracking number.

Ken,

I'm looking right now at what appears to be between $4 and $14, depending on the packaging you use, and whether you get a tracking number. Should take 6-10 days to get to Marc. Although it took less than that for my last one to make it to Andi in Austria!

Well we shall see... I PM'd Hixs before I posted earlier, so hopefully he gets the PM and gets in touch with us soon ehh? :)

Either way, it is what it is for postage. I'll ask at the PO what tracking will cost, and as long as its not something insane like 40$ I'll add it on.

Borders in Canada should be fine. I'm happy to be a part of this train and I will not let you guys down. So seeds will be in enveloppes right? There should be no problem that way (even in a box ''should'' be fine. I can't wait to put some seeds in this! And great work Eephus Man!

Back