seed-train International Seed Train

If it comes to me in a box, I can pick up an 8.5 x 11 envelope (there is one size larger I think at my local pack and ship), if only to ease the border crossings :).

Super excited about this train haha:)

The post office has bubble mailers that work VERY well. Used a small one to Austria and a large one to Gary in LA for this train.

Oh, also, you're dead on Ken. hixs has to bow out of this round, so you'll be sending along to Marc.

Hopefully Gary got the package and is having fun with it till Monday/Tuesday. :)

Just so no one is falling asleep here, Gary received the package yesterday, is grabbing a few seeds, adding a few more and sending it along to Florida!!

owowowow.....very good....
is too good to be following the path of this train ...
we stay aware of the points of arrival and departure ...
Congratulations to the colleague who first received this gift.
Big hug.
Tuca

Hi Eric,

Thanks for organizing this seed train! This is one of the things I love in THP, the members are not only sharing ideas/opinions with each other, but swapping seeds, which is really great!

Two questions regarding the seed train:
- Do we need to put hot peppers into the package, only? We have some good mild/sweet/for stuffing (Hot Wax types, without heat) types and other sweet ones which we are using for coloring/seasoning our traditional dishes. (in case your kids/wife don't like the heat)
- One of my friend mentioned a seed bank, here in Hungary, which gives free seed packets to individuals. They have only traditional veggies, which have been cultivated here since centuries. (included peppers). Is anyone interested? :rolleyes:

Balázs

Balázs,

Please add anything you'd like! There are quite a few sweet pepper varieties that are already on board, and I added a few tomato seeds as well.

Your part of the world is famous for sweet peppers, too! So we'd love to have some more on the train. :D

Tuca,

We're happy to have you on board! Hope you get some fun stuff to play with down south!

Scraping some more Guampinha pods to be train passengers...ALL ABOARRRRD!!! Next stop the lovely state of Florida...

SeedTrain.jpg

sweet! Looking forward to it. Hoping I have seeds for something not already on the train to share :), though I'm not opposed to sharing what I have thats unusual, even if it is already represented on the train :)

Balázs - I think we would all be most interested :)

Balázs,

Please add anything you'd like! There are quite a few sweet pepper varieties that are already on board, and I added a few tomato seeds as well.

Your part of the world is famous for sweet peppers, too! So we'd love to have some more on the train. :D

Tuca,

We're happy to have you on board! Hope you get some fun stuff to play with down south!

Thanks Eric,

I will keep You posted about the news/available varieties. ;)

Balázs

Hotpeppergirlalabama, the seed train is closed unfortunately. but if you watch the hot pepper/seeds forum that this thread is in, you will soon see people giving away free seed, or offering to trade.

Good luck!

Hi Eephus Man
If you think that'll be useful I can always include the South American leg of the many seeds that I want to share with fellow forum

hugs
Tuca

Tuca,

I think I understand that you might also add a separate package to get some additional seed to members on the forum that you've been wanted to share with. Is that correct?

If so, I'd say that's just fine. As long as other train riders know that "mini-package" is locked down, and that members know how to retrieve seeds from me once the train returns to the U.S.

Hopefully I'm understanding correctly. I'd try in Spanish, but dunno if you speak it, and wonder if I won't mess it up horribly. :D

Tuca,

I think I understand that you might also add a separate package to get some additional seed to members on the forum that you've been wanted to share with. Is that correct?

If so, I'd say that's just fine. As long as other train riders know that "mini-package" is locked down, and that members know how to retrieve seeds from me once the train returns to the U.S.

Hopefully I'm understanding correctly. I'd try in Spanish, but dunno if you speak it, and wonder if I won't mess it up horribly. :D

Creo que entiendo que usted también puede agregar un paquete separado para obtener una semilla adicional para los miembros del foro que ha sido querido compartir con. ¿Es eso correcto? Si es así, yo diría que eso está bien. Mientras los jinetes entrenar a otros saber que "mini-paquete" está bloqueado, y que los miembros saben cómo recuperar las semillas de mí una vez que el tren vuelve a los U.S. Esperemos que estoy entendiendo correctamente. Me gustaría probar en español, pero si sé que hablar, y me pregunto si no lo ensucia horriblemente

Tuca,

Creo que entiendo que usted también puede agregar un paquete separado para obtener una semilla adicional para los miembros del foro que ha sido querido compartir con. ¿Es eso correcto? Si es así, yo diría que eso está bien. Mientras los jinetes entrenar a otros saber que "mini-paquete" está bloqueado, y que los miembros saben cómo recuperar las semillas de mí una vez que el tren vuelve a los U.S. Esperemos que estoy entendiendo correctamente. Me gustaría probar en español, pero si sé que hablar, y me pregunto si no lo ensucia horriblemente

Do you know Spanish, Cory? How did you translate that?! Cool. If it was a translator, can you do it in Portuguese?

Tuca,

Do you know Spanish, Cory? How did you translate that?! Cool. If it was a translator, can you do it in Portuguese?
"creio que entendo que voçê também pode agregar um pacote separado para obter sementes adicionais para um membro do forum que queiras partilhar com, está correcto?
Se sim, digo que está bem, desde que os outros membros do comboio reconheçam que o " mini-pacote" está fechado, que os membros saibam como recuperar as sementes de mim uma vez o comboio retornado aos U.S.
Tenho esperança de me estar a fazer compreender correctamente, tentaria em espanhol mas não sei como, me interrogo se não faria uma horrivel confusão. " portuguese is my mother languague, glade to cheer it.

Back