• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

It is what it is 2024

OXlcW7m.jpg

So here we go again on that magnificent journey of pepper growing.
I have no definitive grow list, as per usual, so it'll be a surprise for all of us.
What I do know is, is that there will be peppers grown again.
To be continued ....

You seem to be having some problems with those seed orders, @Tinkerbelle 😉
it's more a case of "senior moments", imagine the scene - hard day working, come home tired, wet and hungry, log onto the laptop and a pepper website pops up - I mean it would be rude not to peruse the seeds wouldn't it. And in my sleepy moment before bedtime my frisky fingers click on "BUY BUY BUY" :rofl:

oh flipping heck, seedlings are popping like crazy even the reapers are coming up, they've only been in the soil 6 days - no lights set up nothing and I'm working late today, I've never had seeds in such a hurry to germinate.
It's not that I'm worried about the seeds or anything, just that I'm not prepared for this speed :lol:

Do you think turning down the thermostat will slow them a bit? Currently on 25C

You can keep them around 20°C without fear, this is the average temperature in my basement (19-21°C). They continue to grow, but their pace remains controlled!

for those who are interested, the seeds were soaked in warm mint green tea for 2 days - although I will do a proper test when I'm ready to start the annums
I'm interested. Are you keeping the tea above room temperature for the duration of the soak? I've soaked seeds on a heat mat before to keep them warm, but usually go the lazier route of room temperature and soaks not exceeding a day. Maybe I should try a longer heated soak with some of the annuum batch I'm about to drop and see how that does for me.

Back