• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Jacob's 2010 Season

Never seen a 7 pot with such a pronounced stinger before either. Maybe a cross as the other plant has none. Too bad it is a 7, because it would make a great submission for the Scorpion thread. :)

the 7pot and scorps are too closely related. or maybe this variety is actually crossed with a scorp.

:cool:

Time for another update. Starting to get some more Superhots to ripen. Let's start with some plant and pod pics.

Barrckpore 7 - Flowering like crazy, already a couple of small pods
DSC00959.jpg

CAP 1491 - lots of buds, none open yet.
DSC00960.jpg

Yellow 7 - Productive plant, but orange not yellow
DSC00949.jpg

C. Parvifolium - Hundreds of flowers and about 20 or so isolated pods
DSC00961.jpg

More to come................

Baby Scorpion - Looks like it will have a nice stinger. Plant is loading up now.
DSC00954.jpg

Murupi
DSC00955.jpg

Ripening 7 Pot Primo. Suntan makes it look like it is going to be brown, but it is turning red
DSC00952.jpg

Ripening Brain Strain. Almost ready........
DSC00953.jpg

more to come............

........and here is some of the harvest.

Some tomatoes I picked today. Includes Cherokee Purple, Indian Stripe, Sungold Cherries, OSU Blue (too many leaves, not enough suntan), NAR, Aker's West Virginia, and some Big Beefs. That is the third harvest of that size this week. Neighbors are happy.
DSC00965.jpg

And lastly........

Choco 7 pot on left. Love the color on these. A true chocolate color, not black. Yellow 7 in the middle. More orange than yellow though. And "Yellow Scorpions" from Peppermania on the right. Oh well, the CARDI's are loading up now. :)
DSC00964.jpg

Thanks for looking!
jacob

How are those Cherokee Purples?
I started a few of those this year because the name sounded cool more than anything. No idea what they taste like.
Peppers are looking mighty fine, too.
Those Yellow Scorpions sure are a funny shade of yellow, eh? :rofl:

How are those Cherokee Purples?
I started a few of those this year because the name sounded cool more than anything. No idea what they taste like.
Peppers are looking mighty fine, too.
Those Yellow Scorpions sure are a funny shade of yellow, eh? :rofl:
Thanks. Yeah, can't say I have seen a yellow like that before. :rofl: Oh well, hopefully they taste good and have some heat.

I love the flavor of the Cherokee Purples. One of my favorites for taste. Indian Stripe is good too. Same color, I can't tell a difference in the taste, a little smaller, but a whole lot more productive. If you like the Cherokee Purple, you should try that one next year.

jacob

Wow that looks wonderful Jacob,That Primo looks vicious!. What ya gonna do with those ripe supers? Poppers?Salsa?or RAW!! :)
Kevin

Haha, I will try a bit raw. Such a waste not to at least try it. First few will go for some salsa. I used the last jar of my hot salsa a while back, so time to make some more. With about 140 plants, it won't be long before I start to get overwhelmed with pods. Then I will make some sauce.

jacob

Way to go, Jacob! I know you're excited right now. I always get real excited when I see some of my peppers starting to get ripe. It's like I just can't wait any more and I want to pick them right then even though I know they'll be ripe in a couple of more days.

I hope things keep going well for you and that you have an abundance of fruit for the rest of the year.

Alan

Fantastic pictures! Got to love the looks of your C. Parvifolium, it looks really happy and healthy.

Bleash

Way to go, Jacob! I know you're excited right now. I always get real excited when I see some of my peppers starting to get ripe. It's like I just can't wait any more and I want to pick them right then even though I know they'll be ripe in a couple of more days.

I hope things keep going well for you and that you have an abundance of fruit for the rest of the year.

Alan

Thanks Alan. Trying to practice patience on the Brain and Primo, but it is hard. Especially since I go on vacation to the beach starting on Monday. Will be back on Thursday, so I guess I will have to wait until then to pick them.
Cool the 7 Pot Primo and brain strain look nasty :)

Your Barrckpore 7 looks great, its looking like it will end up massive
Thanks Timmy. That Barrackpore is at least a month younger than the others and it is already bigger and getting 3-5 flowers per node. It is already nearly a meter tall and looks like it will easily double that by the end of the season. I may have to repot to a larger container.

Fantastic pictures! Got to love the looks of your C. Parvifolium, it looks really happy and healthy.

Bleash
Thanks Bleash. It is an interesting plant. Starts out looking like a chinense, but the leaf structure is different at the top of the plant and the flowers are definately not chinense. Very productive so far given that it is in a 3 gal grow bag. Can't wait until they are ripe.

jacob

Few things better than watching your peppers ripen. Congrats on the harvest Jacob.

You got room for one more to go to the beach with ya? I need a tan something wicked. Have a safe one.

Yeah, I go out and check them a couple of times a day waiting for them to fully ripen. The Primo is already fully colored after only 2 days. Probably pull it off tomorrow or Monday before I leave.

Believe me I need a tan too. Been working too many hours recently, I can use this week off to recharge the batteries.

jacob

Awesome pics Jacob, those pods of yours look very angry. Keep them coming! Hope you have a good week off mate :)

Yeah, I go out and check them a couple of times a day waiting for them to fully ripen. The Primo is already fully colored after only 2 days. Probably pull it off tomorrow or Monday before I leave.

jacob

Why do we all do this?! I do exactly the same, as soon as they start flowering I start to go check on them several times a day. ( I start this behavior at flowering because I don't have them outside so I need to play God and finger pollinate them ).

Enjoy your vacation

Bleash

Nice tomatoes there, and peppers too!

In my opinion hand pollination is usually not necessary especially if you have a fan or a bit of a breeze, or just give the plant a bit of a shake now and then. Since I've proven this to myself, I don't pollinate any of my indoor or greenhouse plants any more and they are always just as loaded with pods

Got back from vacation and have lots more starting to ripen. Had to taste a few of them. I tried out the 7 pot Primo, 7 Pod Brain Strain, Trinidad Scorpion Marouga Blend, Chocolate 7 Pot, Yellow 7 Pod. Basically a lot of very hot pods, just a sliver of each. It is very hard to tell which one was the hottest, but it is difinately between the Marouga Blend and the Brain Strain. The Brain Strain hit right away while the Marouga Blend started slow then built up. Both were ungodly hot, but the Marouga Blend hit my tongue the worst and made my tongue fell like it was being stabbed with hot pokers over and over for about 20 min while the brain strain was a good very intense overall burn. :mouthonfire: Of the 2 I tried yesterday, I gotta give the slight nod to the Marouga Blend. Might be because it came last and the next set of pods might be different though. The Primo was just below those 2 as far as intensity, but didn't last nearly as long. Loved the flavor of the Yellow 7 and had great heat to go with it. The mildest was the chocolate 7, but it wasn't mild at all. Still very hot with a good flavor to go with it. Here are a few pics:

7 Pot Primo
DSC01043.jpg

7 Pod Brain
DSC01044.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Marouga Blend
DSC01045.jpg

Black Naga getting bigger. Shouldn't be too much longer.
DSC01039.jpg

more to come..........

Back