• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Jacob's 2010 Season

i cant believ i havent checked your thread in soo long your plants and setup look grest right on can;t wait to see some of your pods!

Thanks guys. So far only the 2 chacoense pods, but I am hoping to start getting some yellow scorpions and yellow 7's soon enough. The pods are already pretty big and shouldn't be too much longer in this heat.

jacob

Very nice indeed Jacob!!! Maybe at the end of the year we can do some seed trading. I'm sure you have more varieties than I do but I do have some good ones. I have over 250 plants growing myself and alot of them came from Alabama Jack. Let me know if you would want to do a seed trade later in the season. Good luck and lookin great!!!

Charles

Got some interesting picks to show today.

First of the superhots are starting to ripen. Supposed to be a yellow scorpion (from Peppermania, not the CARDI), but doesn't look like it will be yellow.
DSC00944.jpg

Orange 7 pot stuck between the split in the stem.
DSC00945.jpg

Caribbean Red loading up on pods. Gotta be at least 30 so far.
DSC00948.jpg

And the last one for today........

7 pot Primo with one hell of a stinger. I have 2 plants and one of them has 10 pods so far and all of them have some degree of a stinger.
DSC00946.jpg

Thanks for looking!
jacob

7 pot Primo with one hell of a stinger. I have 2 plants and one of them has 10 pods so far and all of them have some degree of a stinger.
DSC00946.jpg

holy mother crapper! now that's a stinger!

JJ wouldn't mind having some seeds of those! wanna trade? :)

Excellent work Jacob,Keep the pics comin',That Primo looks Killer! I just wanna take a big ol' bite! Looking forward to a ripe pic at some point. :)
Kevin

holy mother crapper! now that's a stinger!JJ wouldn't mind having some seeds of those! wanna trade? :)
Hit me up in the fall and we will work something out. I actually have 2 primo plants and I have the other one in isolation. I guess I will have to isolate some of these as well.

Excellent work Jacob,Keep the pics comin',That Primo looks Killer! I just wanna take a big ol' bite! Looking forward to a ripe pic at some point. :)Kevin
Well, Kevin that can be arranged when I get some pods off. No problem to send 1 or 2 down to Atl.

jacob

Never seen a stinger like that.

Definitely steroids. :lol:

Never seen a 7 pot with such a pronounced stinger before either. Maybe a cross as the other plant has none. Too bad it is a 7, because it would make a great submission for the Scorpion thread. :)

Awesome log jjs7741/Jacob.
I was wondering how often you needed to water yours after hardening.
Again, extremely entertaining log so far.

Hit me up in the fall and we will work something out. I actually have 2 primo plants and I have the other one in isolation. I guess I will have to isolate some of these as well.

cool! thanks!

Awesome log jjs7741/Jacob.
I was wondering how often you needed to water yours after hardening.
Again, extremely entertaining log so far.
Thanks. I am using 5 gal pots, and when I first planted out, I could go a week with no water and the plants would not wilt. Not now though. Temps have been in the high 90's all this week and after 2 days my bigger more developed plants need a drink. 3 for the smaller ones. Plants are loving the heat though. Setting a lot of pods and they are hitting a growth spurt.

jacob

You could catch fish with that hook!

Great looking pods Jacob, I imagine the line will be long when it comes time to do some seed swapping. Best of luck to ya.

I plan on saving and sharing lots of seeds this year to pay forward the generousity I have received and pay back those who have shared with me. Just let me know if I have any you are interested in and I will be sure to save you some Patrick.

jacob

Thanks. I am using 5 gal pots, and when I first planted out, I could go a week with no water and the plants would not wilt. Not now though. Temps have been in the high 90's all this week and after 2 days my bigger more developed plants need a drink. 3 for the smaller ones. Plants are loving the heat though. Setting a lot of pods and they are hitting a growth spurt.

jacob
Good to know. I'm a noob, but loving it. So, I will wait for a little droop and then water. Thanks for getting back to me on that.

That Primo has to be one of the gnarliest looking pods I've seen.
Evil bumpys, killer stinger. Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks.

Back