• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Jacob's 2010 Season

Really great looking plants Jacob, everything looks good. Are those your final pot up sizes for the summer? What size are those? I'm yet to find any nursery or local store that sells those plastic ( if they are indeed plastic ) pots. Just end up with 5 gallon buckets instead :/

Really nice Jacob, I took a look back at your whole grow log and wow! We will have to meet up and trade some pods while I'm at a Tiger Town football game this fall. You have all the 7 Pods I have plus so will be good to compare upstate v. lowcountry pods. I'd like to see some wilds full of pods, check me out if you are ever down around Chucktown. I was planning the same layout as yours two beds with a walk way down the middle but my wife vetoed and now she gets a 5 pot deep 45 row hedge along the fence. Good luck and let me know if I can help out in any way.:cool:

Wpayton0034:

Thanks. Maybe 1/3 of them were purchased from the Hippy, Semillas.de, and Fatalii.net and the rest were through trades with the generous members on this forum and other forums. I plan on paying it forward as well later in the season when I get pods.

Straticus:

Thanks. Those are 5 gal nursery pots and should be big enough to get through the summer. I had some in 3 gal last year and they did fine, but these 5 gal should make a bigger plant. I bought them online from the greenhouse megastore. Of course when I got them they were $15 per 50 cheaper, but it is still a good deal. Here is a link if you are interested:http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/Elite-Nursery-Container/productinfo/CN-NCE/

Pepper Ridge Farm:

Yeah we can difinately meet up and swap pods. With over 100 plants I am sure I will have extra.;) My son actually lives down in Savannah with his mom, so I go down that way often. I will have to check it out sometime. You have some great varieties going as well. Which 7 do I have you don't? I may have an extra seedling left over.

Those pots aren't quite in there final home yet. Trying to get them all filled first next to the door where most of the supples are, then move them and organize them down near the back edge of the fence. My wife has already started as well: " you can't take over the whole backyard". Then I say, "No, but at least half".:lol:

I love the look of the wilds. They are beautiful plants and are a good challenge to get started that's for sure. I still have a few varieties in the germinator. Although they are late, I should be able to get something off them by November and then overwinter them.

Thanks for looking!
jacob

Your plants look spectacular Jacob. I really enjoy reading and looking at successful gardeners grow-logs. I'm certain you will have a bumper crop this year! Best of luck to you and keep up the good work...it's inspiring! ;)

Well, things had been going ok. Slow growing due to the inconsistant weather, but they started to put on some pods. So far on the superhots, I got a couple of orange scorpions, yellow scorpions and yellow 7 pots to set. A lot of the annums and such are starting to set pretty good as well.

Then tonight, we get F@$%@*G HAIL and 60 mph winds.:( I knew it was supposed to rain off and on overnight and tomorrow, but this storm came on fast and hard. Most plants are short and stocky, so I don't worry much about the wind as much especially with bamboo stakes in each pot. Just hope I didn't lose too many leaves to the hail. Now I have wait until the morning to check the plants for damage. Looks like I will have trouble sleeping tonight.

I hope you guys are having a great year.
jacob

Sorry to hear of the weather jacob. Just checked the dopler and didn't realize all the bad weather in the upstate. Everything will be fine and what isn't will bounce right back so don't worry to much and hope all is well in the morning. All my jalapenos are loaded with inch size pods, only a few chinense have pods just starting for me yet. Wishing you the best with your plants bro.

Wait till the rain subsides a bit and go sneaking out with your flashlight!.. Man I hate it for you. This is the time of year where a good storm can flatten a plant.Hope it turns out well. :)
Kevin

It is rare for us to get that strong of a storm here. It was hailing for nearly an hour. Luckily, all my plants made it out OK. Only a hole here and there in the leaves. Worst plant was the Purple Flowered Chacoense that lost a 2 inch tip off a branch. Unfortunately, that tip included 2 isolated pods. Oh well, I have more bagged. Now to go check the tomatoes. They are about a mile away at the inlaws house.

Happy Growing!
jacob

Great looking plants Jacob, Glad to hear you had no casualties from the storm, best of luck to your season and I hope you dont have to deal with anymore weather like that.

Well, the temps have stabilized over the last couple of weeks and the plants have really started to take off despite very little sun and about 6in of rain over the last week. Getting some yellowing due to all the rain, but once the sun comes out again and dries everything out they should green up nicely.

Starting to see a lot of pods forming now. At least a dozen on the Yellow 7 pot, Yellow Scorpion, Orange Scorpion, and red 7 pot. Getting a few each on the 7 pot Primos, Douglahs, Chocolate 7 pod, Yellow Bhut, Marouga Blend, Brain Strain, Pimenta de Neyde. Everything else is flowering great and should see some pods of them as well. Here are a few pics:

C. Parvifolium getting a whole lot of flowers starting
DSC00906.jpg

Yellow 7 pod
DSC00910.jpg

Yellow Scorpion
DSC00909.jpg

.......and a baby Pimenta de Neyde
DSC00911.jpg

Hope everyone else is having a great start.

Thanks for looking!
jacob

Jacob. Looking awesome. I'll be checking out your progress regularly. I didnt know you had a thread going.
how many plants you have going and whats the heat like in your neck of the woods?
Take care my friend!!

I currently have about 120 plants going and about 90 or so varieties and a few more babies yet to go outside and a few seeds waiting to sprout. The season is long enough here to be able to get some off these, but will have to overwinter to finish ripening the bulk of the pods off them I'm sure. The season usually goes until nearly Thanksgiving here. I also have a few DWC buckets in the garage under a 400w HPS light. The plan is to grow year round.

The heat is starting around here now. Currently in the high 80's to low 90's and will be in the mid to high 90's starting in the next few weeks until late August. But the real heat will be coming off my plants in a few weeks. :lol:

Thanks for looking!
jacob

jjs7741 said:
I currently have about 120 plants going and about 90 or so varieties and a few more babies yet to go outside and a few seeds waiting to sprout. The season is long enough here to be able to get some off these, but will have to overwinter to finish ripening the bulk of the pods off them I'm sure. The season usually goes until nearly Thanksgiving here. I also have a few DWC buckets in the garage under a 400w HPS light. The plan is to grow year round.

The heat is starting around here now. Currently in the high 80's to low 90's and will be in the mid to high 90's starting in the next few weeks until late August. But the real heat will be coming off my plants in a few weeks. :lol:

Thanks for looking!
jacob

Excellent Jacob, good to hear everything going well. Been down your way many times in the last few years and love SC. 120 Plants is a lot of work and im jeolous that the season can go as far as the american thanksgiving. I would say that our season would be over at our thanksgiving wich is in early October.
Again looking forward to watching your progress!!!
Oh yeah will be sending you some stuff in a bit but we'll talk about it
take care

Yann

Cool bro, I appreciate it. Just let me know which ones I have that are of interest to you and they are yours.

jacob

Here are a few more pics for you guys.

C. Chacoense with first ripe pod of the year
DSC00922.jpg

Biggest Yellow Bhut so far
DSC00927.jpg

CAP 1491 with flowers about to open. Just moved this one inside to isolate some pods
DSC00921.jpg

and a baby bhut pod that doesn't look like a bhut. Looks different from the plant from fresh CPI seeds. Maybe it will elongate, time will tell.
DSC00928.jpg

Thanks for looking!
jacob

Back