• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Jalapeno and Cheddar cheese bread

It is Sunday...the BREAD DAY in our house. :lol:

DSC02515.jpg

DSC02521.jpg

I never measure bread ingredients.
297.gif
I always go with feeling dough with my hands and fingers but I’ll do my best to give you close measurements for this bread.

Jalapeno and Cheddar Cheese Bread ( for 6 people- I have son who eats for 3 people :rofl: )

2 pounds flour ( I use 1 ¾ lb white flour, and the other ¼ I've mixed Rye, Wheat and White corn flour)

1 tsp dry active yeast

1 tsp salt

2 tbsp sugar

1 Jalapeno pepper coarsely chopped

1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese

Water

Mix well all ingredients slowly adding water to make elastic playable dough. Let rise over night. Punch dough and transfer on lightly floured work surface. Kneed for 5 min, shape in desired shape, slash top of the bread with sharp knife and transfer on baking sheet. Let it rise for another 20 min. Bake 30 min on 400 F / 200C than another 10 min at 350 F/ 180C.

NOTE: Every flour is different and require different amount of water. While making bread and pastries water needs to be added gradually in small amounts.

Enjoy

Beautiful bread there Ela. Did you just use AP white flour? For most breads, I like to use a little higher gluten flour mixed in to add a little chewiness. Love the rustic look of that loaf.

Pure Awesomeness!
Thanks,Omri.
bc9.gif

Beautiful bread there Ela. Did you just use AP white flour? For most breads, I like to use a little higher gluten flour mixed in to add a little chewiness. Love the rustic look of that loaf.
Thanks,TB. I use King Arthur flour.Company is just around a corner from our house and they have an amazing selection of flour to choose for.They have a web site so check them out.

It's so good!!
Thanks luv. :)

Thanks,TB. I use King Arthur flour.Company is just around a corner from our house and they have an amazing selection of flour to choose for.They have a web site so check them out.

Much obliged Ela. Right around the corner from KA? How good is that? KA has been something of a gold standard for years. I like Morebread as I can get it cheaper in bulk. I just might have to dig out the KitchenAid now.

This proves it...

I never measure bread ingredients. I always go with feeling dough with my hands and fingers but I’ll do my best to give you close measurements for this bread.

BREAD GODDESS!!!!! :clap:

That would go good with a little bowl of chili...
:P

wow. i guess that next sunday will be bread day at my house - going to have to try this!

Enjoy :)
Much obliged Ela. Right around the corner from KA? How good is that? KA has been something of a gold standard for years. I like Morebread as I can get it cheaper in bulk. I just might have to dig out the KitchenAid now.
Yup TB just around the corner from KA. Must say I'm a lucky one. I do to buy in bulk. It is cheaper and I have a personal vacuum cleaner who eats for 3 people. :rofl:

Back