• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's "Operation Pods" 2013 is a Mission Complete

Well THP, its that time of the year again. I've been anxiously awaiting to give life to these seeds that we all cherish so much. This year I'm gonna focus most of my grow towards Scotch Bonnets, with 14 different strains. Also have a few Supers and 7's with a few others as well. I still have 3 plants that have been overwintering and still doing good after another cutback and a bonide treatment for aphids. Heres the list :party:

Bonnets
MoA Scotch Bonnet
SB Orange
Jamaica SB
FDA Bonnet
Costa Rican Yellow
Trinidad SB Red
Squash Pepper
Jamaican SB Montego
Jamaican Red
SB Jamaican Yellow
Jamaican Yellow
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Bonnet Bell

The 7's

Bubblegum 7
7 Pod Orange
Romy's Yellow 7 (OP)
7 Pod Jonah
Brainstrain Yellow
7 Pot Primo (from Primo)
Cappy BrainStrain Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Other Supers

Bhut Brown
Bhut Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Impact F-1
Black Naga
TS Morouga (Bakers Peppers)
Douglah x Butch T
Romy's Douglah (OP)
Chocolate TS
Butch T Mississippi Strain (from Butch T)

Others

Fish Pepper
Caribbean Red
Red Trinidad Hab
Trinidad Perfume
Turks Cap
Pointsetta
Maui Purple
Black Pearl
Biker BIlly Jal
White Hab
Fatalii (GURU)
Hawaiin Sweet Hot
Ancient Pepper
Mini Sweet Bell
Goats Weed
Pepper Mania Myster seed.

Jalapeno, Scotch Bonnet, Butch T
20130102_214301.jpg

I soaked seeds on 12/31/12 and sewed into Burpee coconut fiber pellets on 1/1/13.
20121231_170723.jpg

20130102_214138.jpg

I had started one Fatalii plant earlier not sure what day, probably around 12/15/12.
20130102_214221.jpg

Thats it for now guys. Can't wait til an update!

Looking good. The maui purple looks purple, a good sign... I tried solo cups before, but kept knocking them over... doh! I try to stick to pots that have a larger base and aren't too tall these days.

Looking good. The maui purple looks purple, a good sign... I tried solo cups before, but kept knocking them over... doh! I try to stick to pots that have a larger base and aren't too tall these days.
Thats always a plus. I actually germed one more and that thing is taking off compared to this one here.
Looking great, Jamison. They'll be pumping out pods before you know it!
Thats the plan Doc!
Are you passing out cigars yet? Looks like more babies than expected, congrats dem look good & happy :)
You betcha buddy, come on up and you can have one too! They seem to be liking the Happy Frog. Was super skeptical about throwing em in there right away but they seem to like it.

Well not having good germ rates on the HP22B unfortunately, 33.3%. Only had 3 seeds planted. I soaked 4 more last night and put them in some Jiffy seed starter mixed with some Happy Frog and MYKOS. Hopefully they will germ. Also had 0 of 7 Fish Pepper seeds pop. Tried 3 the first time and 4 the second time. I have some different Fish Pepper seeds soaking along with Lolita F-1, and Moruga Yellow. I added MYKOS to the water the seeds are soaking in and maybe that might do something. Doubt it but worth a try! Today is day 6 for the MoA Bonnets, looks like the award goes to Walkgood for fastest germ, but the day is not over!

Just ordered these today. Says they are from Refining Fire Chilies and I checked their website and has the same description. But were cheaper on Amazon for some reason?http://www.amazon.com/Trinidad-Yellow-Pepper-Seeds-Rare/dp/B004E8HWQO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360025918&sr=8-1&keywords=trinidad+yellow+7+pot
20130204_131649_zps7c83cd5a.jpg

Careful, I might just take you up on dat cigar one day :D I’ll double what Lourens said and raise ya one, excellent job mon :) I like the look of those Trinidad Yellow 7 Pot peppers you ordered from amazon, will be interesting to see/read how they do for you. So you said “but the day is not over” regarding the MoA’s so what’s the outcome? BTW you probably don’t want them to pop as fast as mine have, if you read my last update the 5 look like they might emerge with helmets on :/ Also only one of mine popped in 5 days the other 4 that popped were on day 6, 7 and 8. Regardless you indoor guys will have the jump on our sun once they pop, great success with them brah and looking at each others progress with them will be fun!

Careful, I might just take you up on dat cigar one day :D I’ll double what Lourens said and raise ya one, excellent job mon :) I like the look of those Trinidad Yellow 7 Pot peppers you ordered from amazon, will be interesting to see/read how they do for you. So you said “but the day is not over” regarding the MoA’s so what’s the outcome? BTW you probably don’t want them to pop as fast as mine have, if you read my last update the 5 look like they might emerge with helmets on :/ Also only one of mine popped in 5 days the other 4 that popped were on day 6, 7 and 8. Regardless you indoor guys will have the jump on our sun once they pop, great success with them brah and looking at each others progress with them will be fun!

I'll have to go check in a little bit. I have never ordered seeds off of Amazon or ebay before so kinda curious as to see if they grow true! Usually stay with the usual, PepLover, PepMania, RainbowCHiliseeds, PepJoe. I'll send you down some if you want bud. Got tons of other seeds your welcome too as well!

I'll have to go check in a little bit.
I’ll be waiting to read, hope you’re as excited to grow these as much as I am … can’t wait till we produce some pods!

I have never ordered seeds off of Amazon or ebay before so kinda curious as to see if they grow true! Usually stay with the usual, PepLover, PepMania, RainbowCHiliseeds, PepJoe.
I hear ya, I have not purchased from them either, so I’m interested to see how they grow for you. Heck I’ve not purchased from any of the others either, I’ve always traded with friends & family … a coconut, whitebird, orchid or other plants for seeds, etc …

I'll send you down some if you want bud. Got tons of other seeds your welcome too as well!
Thank you for the generous offer, but I’m set for now and with this mite war I’m fighting I don’t want to start anything till it’s under control. Fortunately I have my seedlings in da eggs far enough away but you never know … Maybe in da future we can share some seed ^_^

Good luck on the new starts, Jamison. Hate it when you sow multiple hoping for one and nothing comes up. Glad to see at least one HP22B came up. I had poor germ rates with them, as well. You'll get 'em, man!

Back