• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's "Operation Pods" 2013 is a Mission Complete

Well THP, its that time of the year again. I've been anxiously awaiting to give life to these seeds that we all cherish so much. This year I'm gonna focus most of my grow towards Scotch Bonnets, with 14 different strains. Also have a few Supers and 7's with a few others as well. I still have 3 plants that have been overwintering and still doing good after another cutback and a bonide treatment for aphids. Heres the list :party:

Bonnets
MoA Scotch Bonnet
SB Orange
Jamaica SB
FDA Bonnet
Costa Rican Yellow
Trinidad SB Red
Squash Pepper
Jamaican SB Montego
Jamaican Red
SB Jamaican Yellow
Jamaican Yellow
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Bonnet Bell

The 7's

Bubblegum 7
7 Pod Orange
Romy's Yellow 7 (OP)
7 Pod Jonah
Brainstrain Yellow
7 Pot Primo (from Primo)
Cappy BrainStrain Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Other Supers

Bhut Brown
Bhut Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Impact F-1
Black Naga
TS Morouga (Bakers Peppers)
Douglah x Butch T
Romy's Douglah (OP)
Chocolate TS
Butch T Mississippi Strain (from Butch T)

Others

Fish Pepper
Caribbean Red
Red Trinidad Hab
Trinidad Perfume
Turks Cap
Pointsetta
Maui Purple
Black Pearl
Biker BIlly Jal
White Hab
Fatalii (GURU)
Hawaiin Sweet Hot
Ancient Pepper
Mini Sweet Bell
Goats Weed
Pepper Mania Myster seed.

Jalapeno, Scotch Bonnet, Butch T
20130102_214301.jpg

I soaked seeds on 12/31/12 and sewed into Burpee coconut fiber pellets on 1/1/13.
20121231_170723.jpg

20130102_214138.jpg

I had started one Fatalii plant earlier not sure what day, probably around 12/15/12.
20130102_214221.jpg

Thats it for now guys. Can't wait til an update!

Heres an update THP peeps! THings seem to be goin well. Gave the babies some compost tea maybe a little soon some are getting a little yellow but no biggie at all! I bought a new 2'x4' 6 bulb T8 yesterday and got that baby glowing now too.
Jamison, nice to read that tings going well, hope the “little yellowing” goes away, I’ve not tried tea on seedlings, I feel mine are too small still. Congrats on the T8. Why upside down 7 Pod, when sideways looks much cooler ;) hehe .. Nice looking on all dem babies, especially like the beard on the Goats Weed, lol. Regardless of my jokes they all look marvelous!!! Congrats on the 2 MoA’s that popped, that’s great to read and bet your stoked, I know I was when mine started popping … I will look forward to read if you end up fearing dat Reaper, bet you can’t wait till dem all full of righteous pods ^_^

See your bump and comply …

Podding up in Feb in freaking Wi!!! :dance: Sweet Jamison! Didn't plant any Jals this season...but dang it I keep thinking about it! You're not helping me with your early success!

Nice, your OW Jalpaeno has pods on it already, I still haven't planted any seeds of mine yet. If you like the Jalapeno you should try the Hawaiian Waialua. That plant sweeps pods out like crazy.

Good choice on the light fixture, did you spray something on the reflector already............ :shocked: .........ha

Is that an Orange Primo or a regular Orange 7.....
Stuff looks good, you should be well ahead of the plantout date ... in May

Nice, your OW Jalpaeno has pods on it already, I still haven't planted any seeds of mine yet. If you like the Jalapeno you should try the Hawaiian Waialua. That plant sweeps pods out like crazy.

Good choice on the light fixture, did you spray something on the reflector already............ :shocked: .........ha

Is that an Orange Primo or a regular Orange 7.....
Stuff looks good, you should be well ahead of the plantout date ... in May

No thats not the new one in the pic. Thats the same T5 I've had for years. Thats just a regular Orange 7 from Vlad. That was the plan Greg, I wanted these things boomin before plant out. Early pods are nice, although I have 3 OW's Jalapeno, kind of Scotch Bonnet, and a Butch T so I will have a good heat scale early on. I'll have to go take a pic of the new one. The new T8 seems way brighter than my old T5. Think I need some new bulbs in it.

Heres a couple pics of the new T8.
20130212_092939_zpsb413dff8.jpg

20130212_093021_zpse13f33b1.jpg

Nice job with the light, plant looks cool also..........the flower looked like it just sneezed............... :lol:
Great pics! Gesundheit (Gazoontight) Mr Jalapeno!
Aw Geez... somebody give him a tissue...

Its cold here in Wisconsin! The little Jalapeno has a cold! I'll bring him up some nyquil and a blanky before bedtime. Oh wait the lights never go out. He sleeps with his flowers open, lol.

After 5 months I couldn't take it anymore. I had 6 jars of pepper mash fermenting in the pantry since September. Decided to open one up today and make some HOT sauce! This shit was hot my friends. Even had my gut burning for about 15 minutes. Tastes and smells like fresh superhots and a touch of garlic. Has the consistency of Tabasco i'd say. Damn good tho and HOT!
20130216_144634_zps09029afd.jpg

20130216_144655_zps97d8160a.jpg

Added some fresh chopped garlic.
20130216_152211_zps2a94283a.jpg

And vinegar, with some more sea salt.
20130216_153241_zps2dad75f7.jpg

Final product.
20130216_153252_zps4406fd62.jpg

Back