• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's "Red Dirt Grow" PLANTOUT 5/4/14

It's that time of year again, although a couple weeks behind. I just arrived in Tennessee, moving from Wisconsin not even two weeks ago. The fam and I are all settled in and I'm officially ready to start some seeds! Being in a completely different part of the country, and growing in completely different soil than I'm used to, I still have high hopes. I'm sure I'll be able to whip a garden into shape in no time. I'm def gonna have to get out there very soon and till a large plot. Enough blabberin, I'll get to a list. I'll also list the seed source if I'm sure of where I got them. Seeds are going to soak in distilled water for 20-24 hours starting tonight or tomorrow morning and most will be put into Rapid Rooters soaked in a weak solution of Kangaroots and water, and a few in soil with a heat mat underneath the germ tray. I have a few Manzanos sprouted already, a couple Rennie clones, and a White Devils Tongue sprouted and working on it's first true set of leaves. I'll try to fill this with as much useful info, pics, and hopefully vids as I can. Thanks for checkin this out!

Added 1/21/14:

Brown Moruga - PepperLover
7 Pod Lava - PepperLover
Pink Tiger - Denniz via Enrico
Yaki Blue - Denniz via Enrico

Annuum:

Hungarian Hot Wax - Grocery Store find
Serrano
Jalapeno "Cracked" - PepperLover
Giant Jalapeno - PepperLover
Urfa Biber - Buckeye Peppers
Bells > Red, Yellow, Orange
Goat's Weed - from my 2013 grow

Chinense:

7 Pots:
White - PepperLover
Yellow - PepperLover
Bubblegum - Bjarnes, CMPMAN
Primo - Pepper Lover, and from saved seeds from my 2013 grow
Large Red - PepperLover
Original - PepperLover
SR Strain - RFC
Rennie Red - Cloned from last years plant
Rennie Brown - Buckeye Peppers

Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw - Bakers via Fatalii.net
Chocolate Scorpion - from my 2013 grow
Red Bhut Jolokia - PepperLover
White Bhut Jolokia - Coheed
Bhut Orange Copenhagen - GaGrowhead
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp - RFC
Moruga Caramel - JungleRain
Moruga Chocolate - JungleRain
Carolina Reaper - from my 2013 grow
MoA Scotch Bonnet - from my 2013 grow
Bahamian Goat - JungleRain
Jamaican Hab - Walkgood
Habanero Cappuccino - JungleRain
Primo x Chocolate Hab - JungleRain
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet - AjiJoe
White Devil's Tongue - GaGrowhead
Red Habanero - Buckeye Peppers
Trinidad Congo Red - Buckeye Peppers

Frutescens:
Thai Orange - Buckeye Peppers

Pubescens:
Manzano - Seed Train (Arkennon?)

Jamison said:
Yup I had some put away that I just found again.  Been looking for them for a couple 6 months now.  7 Pot Lava is from Judy.  Not yet released but soon to be I'm sure.
7902683156_499836083e_b.jpg

Got to rake a couple of rows up before the rain started this morning.  

7 Pot Lava looks very hot :fireball: .

What a great little garden spot you've got there.

Thanks Charles!  Can't wait for it to be all filled up and growing!!

PaulyG,  thanks for stopping by brotha!

Adam,   I totally agree.  I know sometime this summer Jason and I are gonna meet up somewhere.  Would be real cool if you met up with us too!

Had to add this picture to show the red clay.  For some reason the colors are a bit off in my other photos but the dirt is in fact red.

Decided to fill up the Root Pouches today.  They were all filled up with ProMix BX,  EWC, Jobe's tomato and vegetable organic fertz,  and a pinch of Mykos.

Bahamian Goat got the biggest pouch.  25 gallon beast.  Hope this thing hits 6' this year.  Had to text Jason (Ga Growhead) to make the decision because I couldn't make my mind up for which plant to put in there.  Thanks again brotha!

The rest got filled with same mix.  All Manzanos and Rocotos.  Sitting on the east side of the house getting morning sun only.

Pretty, Jamison!! As if their growth didn't tell me, getting better ideas about tall-children to plant due east or north so they don't shade other peppers!! Bahamian Goats are exactly such . . . :shocked: (Love that coin toss, Jason! ;) )

Blister said:
I wish I had the space you do. The bed is looking awesome.

Neil
Thanks Neil,  still a ton of work to do with it.  Yea I'm pretty excited I scored this house and land for the price I did.  

GA Growhead said:
Glad I could help. Thank the quarter I flipped actually!
Hoping she grows into a tree that you can build a fort in it for your son. :)
I better not catch my boy near that plant ;)   I have a couple trees out back that we can do something with :party:   Thanks for making that decision for me!

annie57 said:
Pretty, Jamison!! As if their growth didn't tell me, getting better ideas about tall-children to plant due east or north so they don't shade other peppers!! Bahamian Goats are exactly such . . . :shocked: (Love that coin toss, Jason! ;) )
Thanks Ms. Annie!  Can't wait for a couple months to go by to see what I'm really working with.  Oh wait,  I really shouldn't wish time away :shh:

Nice to see you're taking advantage of the rain to get the pot-ups used to their new environment J... is it warming up yet in Tenn?

I'm looking forward to seeing how the fabric pots work out for you. I still have to make some up for myself, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I have a few candidates to put into them.

Neil

romy6 said:
 That ground looks primed and ready J man. I see a banner year with the red clay producing massive plants . 
I sure hope so Jamie!  Looking forward to see what it does this year.  I know next year will def be better for sure.  

jedisushi06 said:
That plant should grow up into a tree by the end of the season!
I'm thinking the same thing Mikey!  I'm praying it gets taller than me.  THat's a badass video part man.  Some of them ledges were pretty short but he is super technical with his tricks.  I was kinda blown away by some of that stuff!

Devv said:
Didn't know the Goat's got that big, I have 2 planted. Now I'm anxious to see how they do.

Looking good Jamison!
THanks man!  Well I'd say just about any pepper plant would get that big in a huge root pouch under the right conditions and nutrition.  I know you've seen Guru's glogs before?  He grows some giants man!

stickman said:
Nice to see you're taking advantage of the rain to get the pot-ups used to their new environment J... is it warming up yet in Tenn?
Hey Rick!  The overcast def has helped a bunch and we had a ton of it the past weekend and the beginning of this week.  It's def warming up here.  Mid 80's this weekend and next week.  Gonna be toasty.  This Sconnie boy don't like it that hot.  Had my shirt off all day yesterday working in the garden and didn't realize how sun burnt I am until my wife said something.  I'm def in some pain now brotha!!!  

maximumcapsicum said:
Gonna take off soon! Wow 6"?! I got one of Jason's Bahamian goats going too... Looking forward to seeing what it does.

We'll definitely do a meetup, just got to arrange the time.

Everything is looking great man. I got goats weed pods set!
Whats up Adam!?  Time is of the essence brotha.  We'll def have to figure something out for sure.  Would love to meet up with you guys this summer.  I'm looking forward to that B. Goat too man.  Haven't grown one ever for some reason and Jason told me they are amazingly delicious.  He's knows what he's talking bout too!  Hooray for the Goat's Weed!  I keep plucking my flowers off.  These things are almost 2.5' - 3' tall already in 1 gal pots.  Thanks for checkin in!  

Blister said:
I'm looking forward to seeing how the fabric pots work out for you. I still have to make some up for myself, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I have a few candidates to put into them.

Neil
Neil,  you should def give them a try.  Your roots would love you for it.  I could only imagine the things you could do with coco and root pouches dude.  Def give them a try man.  Far superior to any other plastic hard pot out there for sure!

Got a couple more rows in yesterday and some other seeds planted in them.  Also got a row of tomatoes in as well.  The first row on the far left I planted 80 red onion sets and some carrots.  Second row is beans and peas. 3rd row is leaf lettuce and spinach.  The 4th and 5th rows are reserved for peppers.  That 6th row has 22 tomato plants.  I'm gonna rake up some mounds behind all that for some watermelons,  cantaloupe,  pumpkins and a little strawberry patch and call it garden.  Little bit more work to do but I'm gonna be super excited when everything is in and growing.  It seems like a pipe dream right now but shortly will be a reality.  Here's a pic of some progress. 

+1 on #138... I'll bet you're pumped Jamison... good on ya! :dance: 

I hear ya 'bout sunburn... I do the same every spring between fishing and working in the garden. Spread some Aloe Vera juice on it and it'll cool the burn and draw the sting quicker.

Back