• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's "Red Dirt Grow" PLANTOUT 5/4/14

It's that time of year again, although a couple weeks behind. I just arrived in Tennessee, moving from Wisconsin not even two weeks ago. The fam and I are all settled in and I'm officially ready to start some seeds! Being in a completely different part of the country, and growing in completely different soil than I'm used to, I still have high hopes. I'm sure I'll be able to whip a garden into shape in no time. I'm def gonna have to get out there very soon and till a large plot. Enough blabberin, I'll get to a list. I'll also list the seed source if I'm sure of where I got them. Seeds are going to soak in distilled water for 20-24 hours starting tonight or tomorrow morning and most will be put into Rapid Rooters soaked in a weak solution of Kangaroots and water, and a few in soil with a heat mat underneath the germ tray. I have a few Manzanos sprouted already, a couple Rennie clones, and a White Devils Tongue sprouted and working on it's first true set of leaves. I'll try to fill this with as much useful info, pics, and hopefully vids as I can. Thanks for checkin this out!

Added 1/21/14:

Brown Moruga - PepperLover
7 Pod Lava - PepperLover
Pink Tiger - Denniz via Enrico
Yaki Blue - Denniz via Enrico

Annuum:

Hungarian Hot Wax - Grocery Store find
Serrano
Jalapeno "Cracked" - PepperLover
Giant Jalapeno - PepperLover
Urfa Biber - Buckeye Peppers
Bells > Red, Yellow, Orange
Goat's Weed - from my 2013 grow

Chinense:

7 Pots:
White - PepperLover
Yellow - PepperLover
Bubblegum - Bjarnes, CMPMAN
Primo - Pepper Lover, and from saved seeds from my 2013 grow
Large Red - PepperLover
Original - PepperLover
SR Strain - RFC
Rennie Red - Cloned from last years plant
Rennie Brown - Buckeye Peppers

Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw - Bakers via Fatalii.net
Chocolate Scorpion - from my 2013 grow
Red Bhut Jolokia - PepperLover
White Bhut Jolokia - Coheed
Bhut Orange Copenhagen - GaGrowhead
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp - RFC
Moruga Caramel - JungleRain
Moruga Chocolate - JungleRain
Carolina Reaper - from my 2013 grow
MoA Scotch Bonnet - from my 2013 grow
Bahamian Goat - JungleRain
Jamaican Hab - Walkgood
Habanero Cappuccino - JungleRain
Primo x Chocolate Hab - JungleRain
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet - AjiJoe
White Devil's Tongue - GaGrowhead
Red Habanero - Buckeye Peppers
Trinidad Congo Red - Buckeye Peppers

Frutescens:
Thai Orange - Buckeye Peppers

Pubescens:
Manzano - Seed Train (Arkennon?)

Thanks Scott!  Always fun reminiscing on the memories while looking at a set of antlers.  I've actually had those Orange trees for a couple years now believe it or not.  They haven't done much at all to say the least.  I thought they would be completely root bound in the 3 gallon fabric pots they were in.  But to my surprise they weren't at all.  They are grafted onto a Flying Dragon citrus root stock.  They are dwarf trees.  Had a couple flowers on all of them last year but nothing ever came out of it.  Still fun to have around tho.  Noticed a bunch of new leaves starting on all of them and had some soil and 3 matching pots so I said what the hell,  why not.  Maybe they'll do something this year.  Sucks that all your limes fell off.  Good luck with that Mandarin.  I love the way the leaves smell if you rub one just right.  Gonna go check in on your glog right now!

Hey man, soon. Big SE meetup has got to be coming up soon, especially with Jason's pods kicking in the way they are. 

Looks like your goat's weed is going to produce my first ripe pods, unless sunburn is fooling me. So far they're looking much longer than I expected... got some that are 4 or 5". Didn't realize they were gonna be standing up! Can't wait.

maximumcapsicum said:
Hey man, soon. Big SE meetup has got to be coming up soon, especially with Jason's pods kicking in the way they are. 

Looks like your goat's weed is going to produce my first ripe pods, unless sunburn is fooling me. So far they're looking much longer than I expected... got some that are 4 or 5". Didn't realize they were gonna be standing up! Can't wait.

Hopefully soon man!  Those Goat's Weed are upright pods.  They go from black to green and then red when they are ripe.  Is your's really tall?  Mine this year are extremely tall,  towering over all the other plants in the garden.  Jason always has a kickass grow going!  He def knows what he is doing.  I noticed a ton of flowers ready to open up really soon on probably 90% of my plants.  Can't wait to see some pods starting.  The wind has been absolutely brutal,  especially since my garden is completely out in the open.  Most of my plants were growing at a 45 degree angle from the constant wind. I couldn't take it anymore so I staked em up with some 4' bamboo stakes.  Better safe then sorry.  But they definitely have some strong stalks on them from all of that wind.  Better safe then sorry kind of thing with the stakes.  Thanks for checkin in!

I'm really liking the pics of your MoAs Jamison. They sure have a different habit from other Chinense chiles. Good job with staking up your chiles too... I'll be doing the same when I take down the low row cover. My pepper patch is up on an open-topped bluff and we get some wicked winds through here. Keep up the good work!

Jamison said:

Hopefully soon man!  Those Goat's Weed are upright pods.  They go from black to green and then red when they are ripe.  Is your's really tall?  Mine this year are extremely tall,  towering over all the other plants in the garden.  Jason always has a kickass grow going!  He def knows what he is doing.  I noticed a ton of flowers ready to open up really soon on probably 90% of my plants.  Can't wait to see some pods starting.  The wind has been absolutely brutal,  especially since my garden is completely out in the open.  Most of my plants were growing at a 45 degree angle from the constant wind. I couldn't take it anymore so I staked em up with some 4' bamboo stakes.  Better safe then sorry.  But they definitely have some strong stalks on them from all of that wind.  Better safe then sorry kind of thing with the stakes.  Thanks for checkin in!

Way jealous of the Lucky Dog stash. Need to place an order myself before they run out!

Goat's Weed in ground is my second tallest pepper right now, just behind the Barrackpore X Chiletepin. Pods are looking mean too, spikey and shooting straight up. I have a second GW in a pot that isn't quite as vigorous... just don't think my potting mixes are very good, maybe too much pine in them. I dunno. A round of fish emulsion would probably help.

Pretty cool that it's doing so well given it's half the age of the chinenses.

Adam,  def order some man.  It's by far the best I've ever had.  I've tried a lot of hot sauce in my time too.

Well I wanted to to an update today but the weather isn't cooperating with me at all.  Cold and rainy today.  

IMG_1242.jpg

Thanks for the sweet care package!

Love me some lucky dog too!

Just stopped by to say everything looking good, brother!  
You should have a stellar season!

Last night my 18 month old daughter started loading up some of my MoA seedlings and the Growdown Aji Chuncho plant in the back of her Gator.  She even stuck her sippy cup back there :rofl:   My 6 year old boy quickly hijacked the Gator and brought em back to safety.  I was laughing so hard!!!  

Back