• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Josh's Pepper Plants '09

Hey guys,
At first I thought I should hold back on posting this thread. There are so many of these grow logs already. Then I realized I love looking at everyone's logs. I am assuming everyone else enjoys pictures as well.
Here they are...

Red Paper Lantern

100_0015.jpg

Trinidad Douglah

100_0014-1.jpg

Thai Super Hot

100_0013.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod

100_0012.jpg

Everything is looking great Josh. What kind of medium are you using?

And I love square pots so much more efficient.

I also want to thank everyone that send me seeds. Cmpman1974 (Chris), OkieJoe (Joe), Skealo (Neal), AlabaamJack (Ronnie), Scoville (Tony), Pepperfever (Jackie), and Slyone100 (Sly). Thank you so much. Many of the varieties I am looking forward to have come from you.

Txclosetgrower said:
Everything is looking great Josh. What kind of medium are you using?

And I love square pots so much more efficient.

Hey thanks a lot. I am using Pro-Mix BX. Everyone said good things about it and I have to agree. There are some small sticks here and there but I pick those out as I break the soil up and wet it down. You are correct about the square pots being efficient but I didn't really have any reasons in mind when I bought them. I actually screwed around with some coco from a compressed block. After I rooted a cutting of Ivy I planted it in coco. I didn't pick up coco specific nutrients. I tried to use the FoxFarm ferts I have for the Pro-mix. I didn't kill the Ivy but the other cutting in the BX performed much better. I may try it again with one of my peppers when I pot them up and put them outside. Not sure yet.

wow that really looks great. I hear rosemary is very hard to germinate, did you have any tricks or do you remember anything specific you did? Congrats and yes I love looking at everyones stuff!!!!!

Thanks for all the compliments. To tell the truth, it is kind of annoying having to rely on the sun. One day a new leaf will grow out of nowhere and then nothing for a week. Overall I am happy with how things are going. Slow but still moving forward. They go outside for good on May 16th so that gives them plenty of time to grow a bit.

Josh said:
Thanks for all the compliments. To tell the truth, it is kind of annoying having to rely on the sun. One day a new leaf will grow out of nowhere and then nothing for a week. Overall I am happy with how things are going. Slow but still moving forward. They go outside for good on May 16th so that gives them plenty of time to grow a bit.

When they start growing like mad, and they will, I'm stealing CLONES of the varieties I don't have. lol

chicagofire said:
I hear rosemary is very hard to germinate, did you have any tricks or do you remember anything specific you did?

You know, I heard the same exact thing. There was talk of a 15% germination rate being good, etc. I did not keep track of the exact germination rate but I was happy with it. I ordered seeds from Johnny's Selected Seeds.
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/product.aspx?category=205&subcategory=269&item=932
No tricks. I simply treated them how I treat pepper seeds. Keep them moist and warm.
I had more trouble with the Oregano. Not germinating the seeds, but handling the small seedlings. I think I blew a couple over with my spray bottle.

Great looking plants Josh. That 7 Pot is sick! What did you feed that bad boy or is it just some genetic mutant?

Josh said:
You know, I heard the same exact thing. There was talk of a 15% germination rate being good, etc. I did not keep track of the exact germination rate but I was happy with it. I ordered seeds from Johnny's Selected Seeds.
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/catalog/product.aspx?category=205&subcategory=269&item=932
No tricks. I simply treated them how I treat pepper seeds. Keep them moist and warm.
I had more trouble with the Oregano. Not germinating the seeds, but handling the small seedlings. I think I blew a couple over with my spray bottle.

You didn't keep them cold until they sprouted? It says so on my pack of seeds.

good looking plants Josh...keep it up my friend...

Back