• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Josh's Pepper Plants '09

bigt said:
Great looking plants Josh. That 7 Pot is sick! What did you feed that bad boy or is it just some genetic mutant?

I actually started the 7 pod like a month or so before the others. I wanted to get a feel for the heating pad. I was actually glad I did because without a humidity dome the tray dries out a lot faster than expected.

Sydtunes said:
They sure are pretty Josh...

AlabamaJack said:
good looking plants Josh...keep it up my friend...

It is really nice to hear good things from you guys. Thanks.

BillyIdle said:
You didn't keep them cold until they sprouted? It says so on my pack of seeds.

Nope. I read that you should do that as well but did not. If you have enough seeds I say try several methods and see what works best for you. If you don't want to go through the trouble, just plant a few and treat them like pepper seeds.

Just figured I would post an update after a week. Not to much growth. It has been a fairly cloudy. Today and yesterday was fairly sunny though. But anyway here they are....

Trinidad Douglah

100_0044.jpg

Florida Bird

100_0043.jpg

Bhut Jolokia

100_0042.jpg

Naga Morich

100_0041.jpg

Continued...

Fatalii

100_0036.jpg

Baby Dorset Nagas

100_0035.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion

100_0034.jpg

Yellow 7 Pod

100_0033.jpg

I will probably wait two weeks until the next update. Maybe I will have a little more growth in that time frame.

That's how my plants are lookin about now! Looks really good man. That Thai Super Hot looks crazy. Way off balance. You been feedin that one cask strength scotch or somethin?

Just started using the ProMix BX too. The stuff is great, and you get a lot more soil for your money because it's so compacted.

FiveStar said:
That's how my plants are lookin about now! Looks really good man. That Thai Super Hot looks crazy. Way off balance. You been feedin that one cask strength scotch or somethin?

Just started using the ProMix BX too. The stuff is great, and you get a lot more soil for your money because it's so compacted.

Thanks. Yea the Thai Super Hot is growing kind of funny. I don't know what has caused it.

I've seen hybrids germinate like this on this forum (Bent's BirdHabs for instance).

Where did you get the seed? Even if it's a hybrid, it could mean a funky-cool pepper:)

I should have said crosses, but I reckon a hybrid is essentialy a cross that's been stabilized?

Gotta love thai peppers. Grew Thai Hot and Thai orange last year. The thai hot was a short bushy thing with TONS of tiny piquin-like chiles everywhere, and the Thai orange was covered in little orange tallons.

Both dried well, and have been great for making homemade Panang Curry paste!

Love the pics, and will look forward to the next update :hell:

Seven has all ways been a lucky number, looks like you got Extra Lucky...

Great Log, I really enjoyed reading it this Morning...

Thaks for the nice comments guys. They are certainly taking their time growing. The 7 pod I planted a month earlier than the others that is why it is so big.

ExtremeBurn said:
Great looking plants Josh!

Hey thanks. I have to admit I am jealous of you guys with the HID Lights. I need to get myself some type of grow lights for next season. How are the Fataliis doing? Yours have probably outgrown mine already.

Josh, the plants look good, they do seem to be going a little slow though. They will pick up the pace soon enough. They seem as healthy as can be.

Dale

Awesome Josh! We have some serious NJ competition going. Mine are doing well and i'm picking up some ProMix very shortly. How much do you pay? I can get it for $50 locally.

fineexampl said:
Awesome Josh! We have some serious NJ competition going. Mine are doing well and i'm picking up some ProMix very shortly. How much do you pay? I can get it for $50 locally.

WOW thats pricey, I thought the 30.00 I paid was outrageous. If Pro-Mix gets more than 35.00 for a 3.8 cu. ft. bail I will be looking for other growing medium.

Dale

fineexampl said:

$30 at the Agway in Morristown. http://www.agway.com/
Use their store locator and see if you have one near you. For the $20 savings it may even be worth the trip to Morristown if you cannot find one closer.

thepodpiper said:
Josh, the plants look good, they do seem to be going a little slow though. They will pick up the pace soon enough. They seem as healthy as can be.

Dale

Yea I am not too worried at the moment. The Florida Bird and the Thai Super Hot are a bit leggy but other than that they are doing ok. I am just going to have to pick up my game next season. I was originally thinking about going with CLFs and then I was thinking for the output per watt I may go for a HID, but the problem with the HID is that it would probably take up more room than I want. I may actually go with your setup. I could use one of those shelves and pack in enough flats to grow my peppers, some tomatoes for my dad, and flowers for my mom. Won't get as much output with the shoplights but I think the space conservation will make up for it.

Back