• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders 2014 GLOG

As of now here is the somewhat final list for the 2014 growing season...the 7 pot red has a question mark because I am waiting to see if I can use a 1/2 acre in Va of my uncles and isolate. It is very hard to leave over 100 different varieties in the seed bin and not grow them all out!

Best of luck to everyone and I plan to get seeds started in the next few days.

Looking good Chris! Are you going to use a square foot layout for all your peppers this year? Your Annuums' development is way ahead of mine... I'm growing some orange and red Thai varieties this year with the intention of making and freezing some Thai curry pastes. If I don't get enough pods for that, would you be willing to sell me some fresh pods? Cheers!

stickman said:
Looking good Chris! Are you going to use a square foot layout for all your peppers this year? Your Annuums' development is way ahead of mine... I'm growing some orange and red Thai varieties this year with the intention of making and freezing some Thai curry pastes. If I don't get enough pods for that, would you be willing to sell me some fresh pods? Cheers!
I plan to use a 4 * 4 for 15 types of Thai plants that will make up the Thai blend. I will also use the 8 * 4 for peppers as well, maybe annuums as well. I have a few other areas not squarefoot that will also have peppers. 

I'd be happy to get you some Thai pods if you do not have enough!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I plan to use a 4 * 4 for 15 types of Thai plants that will make up the Thai blend. I will also use the 8 * 4 for peppers as well, maybe annuums as well. I have a few other areas not squarefoot that will also have peppers. 

I'd be happy to get you some Thai pods if you do not have enough!

I appreciate that Chris.. thanks! I'll be sure to let you know how the homemade curry pastes come out. Cheers!

Thai Large Red looking forward to his life outdoors in 30 days!

10005822_765302953503433_528094348956352557_o.jpg

How is the garden prep coming Chris? I'll be interested to hear how you amend your raised beds this year. Hope you get the same stellar performance out of them as you did last year.

Still shooting for 16 plants in a 4x4 bed?

Jeff H said:
How is the garden prep coming Chris? I'll be interested to hear how you amend your raised beds this year. Hope you get the same stellar performance out of them as you did last year.

Still shooting for 16 plants in a 4x4 bed?
I am doing 16 plants in the 4 x 4 and it will be all the plants that create the Thai Blend. As for amending, thinking I'll be doing chicken poo, crab shell and ,maybe one other thing. 

Thanks!
Portuge said:
Excellent photography skills Chris... Love the macro shots
Thanks, been slack this year on photos but hope to get more MACRO stuff going soon! 

Hi Chris, things are looking good down your way, and getting the outer perimeter started with the local wildlife is a big bonus, and pods on the plants that are hardening off is even better! :)

Is high wind a problem for you every spring until things settle down?

Keep 'em green buddy!

stickman said:
Hi Chris, things are looking good down your way, and getting the outer perimeter started with the local wildlife is a big bonus, and pods on the plants that are hardening off is even better! :)

Is high wind a problem for you every spring until things settle down?

Keep 'em green buddy!
I live in a wind tunnel, it is bad most of the year but a little less in the summer months. Hope all is well up there for you and your babies!

I think this was asked at some point, but do you top your plants at all, or just let nature run its course?

I may just have to do the same, not sure if I want any more at backs from topping.

In any case, looking great! I can't believe you have pods on this season's plants already!

Back