• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JoynersHotPepper 2015 Pepper Party

So far behind this year, have not even made a list for 2015. This shall be the week to shed the lazy!

10423817_949848828382177_1789482448508038820_n.png

Your square foot setup is gonna be bushy and green in no time. May have to suspend yourself Mission Impossible style to harvest some of those pods in the middle

Love the 100mm macro. I have the 60mm myself on a 70D body. It is never calm enough down here to get good shots! Do you have an off-camera flash? That is probably my next investment. For wireless remote I have my smartphone and the EOS remote app. Pretty sweet if your camera is wifi-capable.

I actually do not have an off camera flash, rarely if ever use flash. I have a hot shoe flash but still rarely if ever use it, need to start using it more often. It has been windy here for months and only about 2 days I could shoot MACRO at all. I use a tripod and remote wireless trigger. When I can justify it I'll move to a full frame body, the 1.6 crop has plenty of disadvantages on certain things I shoot like landscape and products.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I actually do not have an off camera flash, rarely if ever use flash. I have a hot shoe flash but still rarely if ever use it, need to start using it more often. It has been windy here for months and only about 2 days I could shoot MACRO at all. I use a tripod and remote wireless trigger. When I can justify it I'll move to a full frame body, the 1.6 crop has plenty of disadvantages on certain things I shoot like landscape and products.

What are you shooting with now? I need to get me a good macro lens, trying to talk the wife into it... need to butter her up a little more to get her to give in!

Very nice Macro pics Chris! I spotted the spider and hover flies in the first round of pics... nice to see the inner perimeter guard on duty. :)  Have the Prik York pods gotten to full size yet, or will they get even bigger?

stickman said:
Very nice Macro pics Chris! I spotted the spider and hover flies in the first round of pics... nice to see the inner perimeter guard on duty. :)  Have the Prik York pods gotten to full size yet, or will they get even bigger?
Thanks Rick, they are still growing and I'll post an update shot once they get to size and start to change color. This year I swear to myself I'll document all flowers, pods and what not!!!

grantmichaels said:
I saw that ... cray!

Yesterday afternoon we had cyclic wind ... clouds were coming half way down right around my house ... huge ass palm frond almost hit D ... landed feet from her, haha ...
Yeah we had 60 MPH gusts, plants grew a foot in last 5 days hahahha - My purple tomatillo plants say they grow to 36 inches high and mine are already over 6 feet tall. No fruit yet but my friends whose plants are 1 foot tall have tons of fruit

Back