• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JoynersHotPepper 2015 Pepper Party

So far behind this year, have not even made a list for 2015. This shall be the week to shed the lazy!

10423817_949848828382177_1789482448508038820_n.png

randyp said:
     Love the pics Chris.We just cant get away from the rain here in SW Iowa.My plants are begging to go crazy but need that push from the Sun.
I totally understand, very few days do my yard get to 100% dry out and looks like about 4 or 5 more days of storms ahead. On the other hand, we have been lucky and getting really sunny and hot days scattered about which has really helped the plants. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Yeah we had 60 MPH gusts, plants grew a foot in last 5 days hahahha - My purple tomatillo plants say they grow to 36 inches high and mine are already over 6 feet tall. No fruit yet but my friends whose plants are 1 foot tall have tons of fruit

Yeah... tomatillos usually grow in marginal land where they're native, so if they spent more time gaining height than flowering the soil probably has more nitrogen than they're adapted for. Good to know for next year.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Thanks, actually only 1/2 are - 38 additional supers are in a raised bed and about 20 directly in the ground.

Thanks for dropping by!
Chris are you ever worried about cross pollination as the plants are so close to each other

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Not really, I do not sell seed and can isolate plants that I want to keep pure. I rarely grow from the previous year seed unless I want to gamble. :)

Do you try different vendors each year to compare?

JoynersHotPeppers said:
When I grow something that is not what I expect it to be I do but many of the awesome folks here pass along isolated seeds and otherwise so I just go from there. You did remind me I need to dump a few hundred bags of seeds, won't be using them so why keep them :)
  Please pic me,pic me I will buy some Chris. :dance:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
When I grow something that is not what I expect it to be I do but many of the awesome folks here pass along isolated seeds and otherwise so I just go from there. You did remind me I need to dump a few hundred bags of seeds, won't be using them so why keep them :)

I was actually wondering if there was any chance I could buy or trade for some Mystery Wine at the end of the season? It looks really cool and I'd love to grow it if possible.

Comptine said:

I was actually wondering if there was any chance I could buy or trade for some Mystery Wine at the end of the season? It looks really cool and I'd love to grow it if possible.
How is shipping seeds to your country? Do they get confiscated like many other countries? 

These purple tomatillos are crazy. I cut some branches off of mine. They are like 5'tall and were close to 5' wide. They were really intruding on my tomatos. I should have taken some pictures.

Back