• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June Throwdown Ideas

Next Throwdown

• Fast Food Made Slow (Cook your favorite fast food meal, but gourmet style and spicy)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Pie (meat pies etc.)

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Off The Grill

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Spicy Dessert

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Carnie Food (carnival/fair foods, vendor stand foods, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 5 ingredient hot sauce, used on a cooked meal

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stuffed - anything stuffed

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, it's not just the crust or how it's made, it's the dish that is prepared with the crust.

there was mention of Shepherd's Pie, which is made with a mashed potato topping..........not even a crust..........

naw, not scrared......not even scared......

If ya going to Cook whats the Point of Buying Pastry as 1/2 the Pie is pastry isn't it ? may as well go down the Pie shop buy a pie empty it Out and add ya own filling that be easier than even buying Pastry if Its easiness ya after, thought was a cooking Comp

Pastry is basically 3:2:1
3 parts Flour
2 parts Shortening Or Butter
1 part Water

here ya go,, fruit mince Tarts made last week, had to make a few Yellow 7 Pod ones though
mincetarts1.jpg

mincetarts3.jpg

Put a Lid on and their Pies

might have a Crack at this one :P

theHippySeedCo said:
If ya going to Cook whats the Point of Buying Pastry as 1/2 the Pie is pastry isn't it ? may as well go down the Pie shop buy a pie empty it Out and add ya own filling that be easier than even buying Pastry if Its easiness ya after, thought was a cooking Comp

Pastry is basically 3:2:1
3 parts Flour
2 parts Shortening Or Butter
1 part Water

might have a Crack at this one :P

Uhh, Neil, have you ever made puff pastry...? That's what I was refering to in buying it as opposed to making it. Your recipe is for a very simple shortcrust pastry (and it's wrong :( )

im sure Y7's will feature in the Pie as Love them

hey a Tofu Pie whooo Hoooooo or TVP Textured Vegetable Protein dunno if any1 has seen but ya can get Vegetarian Bacon "tastes just like Bacon" NO IT DOESN'T

wonder if any1 will use "Chicken in a Can" thought seen Everything till saw that the Other day

GO THE SOCCEROOS :D

was for the fruit pie/tart, dunno bout puff for them and 3:2:1 as was basic like me.. sure added other shit and the hrs in fridge sucked arse.. ill ask Ron bout pie pastry and have a crack anyways, his naga pies rocked :D

[video=youtube;shkz862u-44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shkz862u-44[/video]

I don't know why I find this funny but I'm pissing myself at the moment....:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back