• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June Throwdown Ideas

Next Throwdown

• Fast Food Made Slow (Cook your favorite fast food meal, but gourmet style and spicy)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Pie (meat pies etc.)

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Off The Grill

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Spicy Dessert

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Carnie Food (carnival/fair foods, vendor stand foods, etc.)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 5 ingredient hot sauce, used on a cooked meal

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stuffed - anything stuffed

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was obviously a joke to me, you did say piehole after all ;)

lol.. i got my dates mixed up.. i'll be pie-ing it up with the rest of you :) hehehee... yaaaay PIE!!!

sweet, PIE, i think I'll make that one from the old slapstick movies where you just throw some live kittens into a pan and cover up with dough, except with some bhut! JUST KIDDING, but this one will be fun to participate in and extremely enjoyable checking out what everyone does.

I am going to have to do some serious thinking about this one. I have NO idea what I will be making. I can't even begin to think of trying to do an Aussie meat pie with all the competition there. I'll have to come up with something original.

JayT said:
I can't even begin to think of trying to do an Aussie meat pie with all the competition there.

I can't even begin to think of where I'm going to get some Aussie Meat.
Outback??

frydad4 said:
I can't even begin to think of where I'm going to get some Aussie Meat.
Outback??

Ummm...you could try your local supermarket and buy some BEEF...? at least 70% of Aussie pies are beef. The rest chicken, veg and other stuff.

guess I'll save my secret aussie ingredient source for myself!

:P

time to dust off the ol' rolling pin~

do you guys realise that most aussie pies bought in shops contain very little 'meat' its usually guts and offcuts... but yeah... dont think you'll see much of that this throwdown.. i'm trying to decide if i should go savoury or sweet for pie.. given its getting cold it'll prolly be savoury..

Im making a pie that contains nothing but superhots stuffed with minced meat and garlic. Of coarse it wont be edible but it will look bloody killer!

We used to go skinny dipping, now we go chunky dunking. :)

edit- back on topic- PIE!

SOOOOoooooo---------------

who's gonna make their own crust?????

And I'm not talking about TB's basics after a long set!

j/k yaknow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back