• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

just bought a new gun

chilehunter said:
omri - nice looking guns, yes they do look kinda bulky how much do they weigh w/o mag ? I dont know about the bipod, do ya really need one for such a short rifle ?
With the Trijicon aim, you can hit a coin from 400 meters.

Omri said:
With the Trijicon aim, you can hit a coin from 400 meters.

if you can do that you're a better shooter than me, cuz I know I couldnt hit a coin at 400 meters with that scope, unless I got lucky :lol:

I just got it & from the little messing around with it I'm kinda disappointed about the washout with the light inside the house :( I have some thinking to do.

chilehunter said:
if you can do that you're a better shooter than me, cuz I know I couldnt hit a coin at 400 meters with that scope, unless I got lucky :lol:

I just got it & from the little messing around with it I'm kinda disappointed about the washout with the light inside the house :( I have some thinking to do.
Well that's what I do... I'm a marksman and trained with the Trijicon scope. I'm also using the M4 which is less accurate.

PS
F&ck me... I'm in the middle of nowhere guarding a village as we speak...

I think you guys are taliking about 2 different Trijicon scopes! I think Omri is talking about his ACOG, and chilehunter about his Reflex:lol: The reflex has a reticle made more for fast close-in shooting. The ACOG can be more precise from my opinion.

Beerswimmer said:
I think you guys are taliking about 2 different Trijicon scopes! I think Omri is talking about his ACOG, and chilehunter about his Reflex:lol: The reflex has a reticle made more for fast close-in shooting. The ACOG can be more precise from my opinion.

yes I was, I guess I had a brain fart & didnt pay close enough attention to which trijicon omri was talking about :doh:
problem solved about the reflex, I put it on my shotgun & I'll use it for hunting, looks like it'll be great for switching sides if they're on my opposite side. & now gotta get a eotech for the AR.

Just came back from securing a settlement. not something I usually do, but did a favor for a friend and replaced him.
Anyhow... they told us we didn't need to bring our own weapons as they have their own stock (not all officers/soldiers doing this come from combat units, so they don't carry weapons). they brought us some old n' crappy (yet reliable) M16A1 carbines with M203 and Mepro 21 (a reflex sight). gosh I missed the Meprolight sights... I used to have one in basic training. :D

69170631.jpg

44008187.jpg

I wish I had around $4000 extra laying around. I really want one of these for my armory...

M40-A5
precisionA5.jpg

Effective range 1000 meters
Cal. .308

Oh Yeah!!!

That is exactly how it was described to me. It fits so perfect that it becomes one with the shooter. I'm saving, but will take quite a while to save that much, along with a good optic system. But, I have a goal at least. Currently I am busy building up my AR-15, which I love, I just wish I was allowed to carry my personal weapon on duty instead of the departments. Mine is way better, as the issued one is bare bones. Oh well, better than nothing.

F&ck me... heard the most disturbing thing today.
Apparently an employee at IWI was systematically stealing weapons off the production line and selling them to crime families. It's not the theft or security breach that scares me, but that those are Police and Military weapons! they should not reach the hands of criminals. over a certain period, he sold the weapons for millions!

Here are some of the weapons the police managed to recover (didn't get the chance to sell them yet):
6452685.jpg

A police model Galil sniper rifle (top), a police model Micro-Galil w/grenade launcher (middle) and a Galil sniper rifle w/suppressor (bottom).

6452675.jpg

A military model Commando Tavor rifle w/suppressor (top), a Mini-Uzi gun w/suppressor (middle) a Desert-Eagle (left), Mini-Uzi (middle) and polymer-based Jericho/Baby-Eagle (left) at the bottom.

paulky_2000 said:
And what's the punishment for said crime, Omri?
The trial hasn't even started yet, but the dumba$$ admitted so I hope he'll rotten in jail.
Pepperfreak said:
Oh Sh*t!!!!! I feel your outrage Omri, that is horrible news and makes all of us more unsafe.
So many people will die because of those weapons. some will be executed and some will get hit by crossfire. either way, we're screwed.

I think they should let him go.

AND...

Say the reason for his release is that he ratted-out all the buyers.

See how long he lasts. ;)

paulky_2000 said:
I think they should let him go.

AND...

Say the reason for his release is that he ratted-out all the buyers.

See how long he lasts. ;)
It doesn't really matter, actually. if he talks, they'll get him no matter where he is...
Still think the bastard should live and pay for his crime. it's not like he sold them ammo or anything... he sold them equipment they wouldn't have gotten otherwise. from my understanding, they paid dozens of thousands of dollars for each rifle. 170 guns are still missing.

Novacastrian said:
I just wonder how he got them out of the factory. He must have been in management or similar?
They're not being to specific, but I doubt it.
The authorities are considering starting a criminal investigation regarding the actual security breach. it is important to mention the factory has since increased its security and changed all the protocols.

Back