• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Justaguy's 2011 Garden Season

Wow JAG I just got you read your book cover to cover, Very impressive.

What a rollercoaster ride, beautiful huge pods! Wish I would of had more time to watch this tread earlier, been extreamly busy this summer just like you.

Looks like you have enough heat to last you all winter, and just think you get to start all over again in a few short weeks.:dance: every year we get to learn something.

Hats off to you buddy, Cheers. SC

Wow JAG I just got you read your book cover to cover, Very impressive.

What a rollercoaster ride, beautiful huge pods! Wish I would of had more time to watch this tread earlier, been extreamly busy this summer just like you.

Looks like you have enough heat to last you all winter, and just think you get to start all over again in a few short weeks.:dance: every year we get to learn something.

Hats off to you buddy, Cheers. SC
Compared to your year my operation is a hobby. lol. Thanks for the accolades.

I unless last night flash of cold killed it I still have the covered garden going. Forgot the heat last night before going to work so we will see. Yesterday it was fine and so possibly another 2-3 weeks there then it will time to relax and make sauce until mid January.

Takes some definite commitment and patients to deal with those elements. I am glad our snow usually isn't terrible. Can't wait for our first actual grow next season. We did have a ghost pepper, cayenne, jalapeno and the weather snuck up and killed them. Nice grow log!!!! :)

Takes some definite commitment and patients to deal with those elements. I am glad our snow usually isn't terrible. Can't wait for our first actual grow next season. We did have a ghost pepper, cayenne, jalapeno and the weather snuck up and killed them. Nice grow log!!!! :)
Thanks. Have to uncover the garden today or tomorrow and then I will see if I have 2-3 more weeks or if I can finally yank it all and relax. I am on the fence on what I am hoping to see.

Pics soon to come just got up. Uncovered this morning and leave loss is huge with death on the outside of it. Now nature decides all. That snow and a few nights of 27ยบ did big damage of course. Since my heat at night is the dryer vent, they get an hour of heat from 10pm-11pm since I leave at 10pm for work. And then at 6am my son would start it agin when he got up, so in the 7 hours in between they got really cold as they will. This season has just been freaky all around.

Well the Yellow Scorps have some time left. The Naga Morich and Yellow 7's have pods but not many leaves and they are firm so it is time for them to ripen hopefully.

100_1437.jpg

100_1438.jpg

Nice set-up Justaguy. I like the sturdy and spacious looking frame for the garden.

Thanks. It works well for me and the plants seem to like it.

Nice looking set up Brian. It is sad to see this season coming to an end for us here in the northeast but after this year, it is almost a relief. Well done big guy!!!

Relief is not a strong enough word. It has been fun and all are officially dead now so it is time to rip them up and relax. In February I will be getting my tiller and should have sprouts going inside by then, so for now I will be relaxing a little.

Relief is not a strong enough word. It has been fun and all are officially dead now so it is time to rip them up and relax. In February I will be getting my tiller and should have sprouts going inside by then, so for now I will be relaxing a little.

BLASPHEMER!!!! Quit your bitchin' and get saucing!!!

Screw it man, Im coming over with some lumber, were pouring a slab and building a greenhouse damnit! lol :rofl: Love it dude. I've done the cold frames before. They are almost like a tease. They fill you with hopes of warm, dry, winters only to drop your leaves and give the peppers cold feet... :cry:

In my dreams we all have one of these...

nantucket-ga.gif

Great job keeping them going man. :D

Screw it man, Im coming over with some lumber, were pouring a slab and building a greenhouse damnit! lol :rofl: Love it dude. I've done the cold frames before. They are almost like a tease. They fill you with hopes of warm, dry, winters only to drop your leaves and give the peppers cold feet... :cry:

In my dreams we all have one of these...

nantucket-ga.gif

Great job keeping them going man. :D

Thanks for watching and all the great advice.

Back