• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2012 Garden Season

Coming from 2011
http://www.thehotpep...n/page__st__440

About a month earlier then last year and this year I have a place in case I need to pot up.

First I got the germ bed set up and temps stabilized. Left to right go 82° - 87° - 83°

100_1506.jpg

Next I took my old light racks

100_1493.jpg

Slid one over and added a double

100_1494.jpg

Then added a new bulb that hits 6500K to each side to go with the ones from last year

100_1496.jpg

I have to get the bottom shelf done and then i will put up pics to show how the 2 lights differ and IMO will be good.

This year I will have less total plants, but more varieties. Lord please save me from this addiction. :rofl:

Initially I plan on 123 in ground and 25 in containers(some to be given away)

25 varieties, 27 strains total. Basically 3 strains of T.S., so 25 varieties.

-Naga Morich/Red 7Pot Cross
-Yellow 7Pot
-Naga Jolokia
-Douglah
-Chocolate Habanero
-Thai Variegated
-Pequin Chiapas
-Brain Strain
-Thai Fire
-Indonesian Chile
-Mystery Seeds from Patrick
-Manzano
-Yellow Scorpion
-Fatalii(true)
-Caribbean Red Habanero
-Jimmy Nardello(sweet)
-Bhut Jolokia(Starting for Melium not for my garden)
-Cumari Do Para
-Naga Morich
-Possible Cross # 3
-Red Savina/Fatalii Cross
-Cumari Ou Passarinho
-Trinidad Scorpion "Butch T" from Alphaeon
-Trinidad Scorpion Mouroga from Pepp3rfreak
-Trinidad Scorpion from pods bought from A.J.
-Tepin
-Black Thai

At a later time I will try to update this list with who they came from if not from my seed stock, the number I plan on planting, and the number I put in to germinate. To be safe I am planning on dropping double in for germination so I will most likely be sending out sprouts again this year.

OK yesterday was 2 weeks since my last harvest(except for 5 Nards a week ago) and I opened her up. Here is the end where the Brain Strains are. Only one ripe one. Soon time to cut them back.
100_2057.jpg

And here is the other end with the Nards low in front and the Naga Morich behind them, and back behind them are the Yellow 7's
100_2058.jpg

Now to address the Manzanos
100_2059.jpg

100_2060.jpg

The Nards
100_2061.jpg

Some Yellow 7Pots
100_2062.jpg

100_2064.jpg

And then this morning I went out and took a pic of the harvest total for yesterday.
100_2065.jpg

Dang, your Nards look nice, ...wait.

That Manzano does look nice, for some reason I'm looking forward to growing these next year. From what I've read about them, they have some heat with the texture of a bell pepper. Love bell peppers and heat, so thought I'd give them a try. Bet they're good to cook with, again, guessing.
Your garden looks happy JAG, for some reason I thought you had snow. They look happy either way.

OK yesterday was 2 weeks since my last harvest(except for 5 Nards a week ago) and I opened her up. Here is the end where the Brain Strains are. Only one ripe one. Soon time to cut them back.
100_2057.jpg

What is that tiny pepper plant off to the left with the small peppers?

What is that tiny pepper plant off to the left with the small peppers?
There are 2 there. The red peppers up high pointing up are Thai Fire. That is how I have always known then. They are a sun pepper.
There ones hanging down are Indonesian chiles.

Hey, JAG, your grow has extended in great fashion. Love your hoop house.
Great harvests and good looking plants all around. We are still flirting with freeze here, but nothing below 34-36, and the outdoor chilis seem to be taking it in stride. Most nights in high 30's low 40's, so I am of the belief that some varieties don't need those 55Ëš nights in order to pod up and ripen. If we can keep the frost at bay for another week or so, there will be lots of Yellow Ajis and Bishop's crowns to harvest.

Good luck getting the yard buttoned down for the winter. I like the upside down hanging plants - I used to do that many years ago when I grew a few hot peppers . It's a great way to keep the ripening process going. I used to pull the plant and trim the root ball and wrap it in old t-shirt cloth and wet it, and then hang them; the plants would actually keep growing for a bit and the drying process was slower.

:cheers: to a great holiday season for you and your family, Brian. Keep up the good work, bro.

Just went through the whole thing and its a nice glog. :cool:

It's hard to believe looking at the first shots of the transplants into the garden that those small plants get so big they make a tunnel to crawl into! Excellent growing.

I like how you extended your season with the greenhouse too.

Are those the only two manzanos that your plant produced? I did some germ tests for a few types,if they take that long,maybe I will just let these keep growing.

Are those the only two manzanos that your plant produced? I did some germ tests for a few types,if they take that long,maybe I will just let these keep growing.
There are 5 that size on there. Since I covered the garden I have pinched around 12 the size of small marbles so these big boys can ripen.

Hey, JAG, your grow has extended in great fashion. Love your hoop house.
Thanks. Trying to bring that garden through the winter to a new season.
Just went through the whole thing and its a nice glog. :cool:

It's hard to believe looking at the first shots of the transplants into the garden that those small plants get so big they make a tunnel to crawl into! Excellent growing.

I like how you extended your season with the greenhouse too.
Yeah at plant out every year I love watching them, but also start dreading full harvest time. :lol: Tis a beautiful cycle.

Got the latest electric bill and realized the garden may not make it through the winter. Changed the heaters to an only when absolutely needed setup and kind of miss the break. February 1st I will be starting enough plants to fill the gardens in case the 200 doesn't make it.

Brian very cool round Fatalii bed :) Those Butch T seeds that looked like 7 pot are wicked and the leaves look huge! That said; I’d love to taste those Caribbean Red Habs :) Nice pics and great harvest shots … I like the glog, very nice! I look forward to reading about your 2013 season …

Got the latest electric bill and realized the garden may not make it through the winter. ...
While I can't imagine those electric bills up north, I feel your pain as mine's killer in the summer for A/C :/

BTW I use to own one of those kodak easyshare cams way back, you take some nice shots with it :)

Thank you for visiting WalkGood. I have plenty of isolated Caribbean Red Habanero seeds if you want some.
Thank you for the generous offer, right now I have my hands full with current grown and proposed new adds. But I would be happy to exchange some of my Jamaican Hab seeds for some of yours in a few weeks if you want ... things now a bit hectic mon :)

So on the night of the 21st/22nd the wind got to whippin pretty hard and heavy. The plastic took a beating and I made the decision to remove it when I woke up and saw it torn and half undone. Light flurries were dropping as I made my last harvest. I swear it really did happen....

oh yeah here are the pics. :rofl:
Freshly uncovered at 34° outside.
100_2066.jpg

Here is my second attempt at a Manzano and first fruit bearing(ripe fruit) plant. I got 3 ripe ones off this one and 2 green. I won't be growing them next year due to their equator loving required grow season. Once dry I will have 40-50 seed to part with.
100_2067.jpg

And believe it our not my Jimmy's kept fruiting under the cover while everything else stopped fruiting and just grew and ripened what was there. The only exception was the Manzano which kept flowering and fruiting(pulled 12 or so pea-sized so the big ones would ripen).
Baby Jimmy's
100_2068.jpg

Here is the last harvest of the year.
100_2069.jpg

It has been a fun year. 1 month and a few days until next year's seeds hit soil. Will toss a link here to next year's season thread once I start it, like always. Big fan of the linked together life story :rofl:

Brian,
It's amazing that were still able to harvest pods towards the end of January !
I like your idea to coupling up next seasons glog. Having to start up a new one reminds me of going back to school after summer break................. :eek:

Brian,
It's amazing that were still able to harvest pods towards the end of January !
I like your idea to coupling up next seasons glog. Having to start up a new one reminds me of going back to school after summer break................. :eek:
Yep it is almost like school, just without all the distractions lol yeah right.
Every year I have done the linking to the next and then on Page one I always link to the last page of the previous year. I doubt many would want to read back through, but it also makes it easy when I want to go back looking for something.

Yep it is almost like school, just without all the distractions lol yeah right.
Every year I have done the linking to the next and then on Page one I always link to the last page of the previous year. I doubt many would want to read back through, but it also makes it easy when I want to go back looking for something.

Lol........ (This is a seed).....I like the idea on not re-typing or re-peating but more rea-fering back to what was written back in the last glog. I probably won't start one for a few weeks, but once the seedlings are stretching then it will be time for the photos and the continuation from 2012.

Back