• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2013 Garden Season

Coming from 2012
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27752-justaguys-2012-garden-season/page__st__300

Ok life has stabilized and I am finally getting this going.

Back on January 23rd I cleared the back 200
100_2071_zpsbc0ff717.jpg

Then checked on the germ tray I had set up.
100_2072_zps69244853.jpg

100_2073_zps9c1bc1bf.jpg

2 days ago I was going to drop seed in soil, but noticed a fuzzy mold on the soil. It was left over soil from last year. Never used but in it's bag apparently whatever started growing. I deftly removed 3 inches from the bag before getting the tray ready, however that didn't do the trick. I dumped it all and reloaded then let it get back up to temp.

Today I finally dropped seed and it felt so good. :silenced:

100_2075_zpse91f04d6.jpg

And instead of typing up a list I decided to go the easy route.
100_2078_zps6fddcbc5.jpg

Now the fun begins. I will be putting 95 in ground this year and around 30 in containers of some sort or size. I will have sprouts that will not get one of the available 216 cells that will need a home. I may be mailing some sprouts in tubes straight from the germination tray again this year.

Thanks for stopping by.

A little late, but here are some updated pictures.
100_2099_zps2c3a902c.jpg

100_2100_zpsc3b924a8.jpg

100_2101_zps6200bb97.jpg

Here are some last minute seeds needed/wanted. The success of them cements the fact that I way overwatered my germ bed. Lesson learned.
100_2102_zps2d33923c.jpg

New homes.
100_2103_zpsb1a1d8dc.jpg

Back to the bigger ones
100_2104_zpse1d74b15.jpg

100_2105_zpsce17b2db.jpg

100_2106_zps90a6288e.jpg

It's never too late for updates or more seedlings.

The "Nardo's" will catch up to the others quickly. I just planted some Tobasco and Cherry's for a favor to someone. The weathers typical here...40's,50,s then 60's by the end of the month. Then in May the 80's, we seem to miss the 70's here.......lol
Keep pouing the light on your plants til you can get them outdoors.

Busy busy busy.
Quick stop to update.
This coming week/weekend I will be planting out if the predicted rains don't mud puddle the gardens. Everyone is out of the carport and in the sun. They love it.

They are ready to have nights.
100_2107_zps7bacd81f.jpg

Sitting here for a day of breezes and hardening. 2 weeks ago they got 3 days in the carport followed by 1 in the sun, which showed me they were hardened. 1 day here seems to have brought them back to speed.
100_2108_zps3311064f.jpg

100_2109_zps254c946d.jpg

3 Indonesian Chiles flowered in the box and here is the first pod of the year. :D
100_2110_zpsa8c1a828.jpg

100_2111_zps48e4f28b.jpg

Looking sweet Brian! Those are getting huge! Amazing growth!
You have a small arsenal going there.
Awesome news on the first pod! I've gotten my 1st recently from some thais. Always a good thing to see this early!
Hope your weather holds up for planting. I got rained out this weekend, so hoping for next weekend myself.
Nice update! Take care!

Looking good man. It sucks about the crappy start, but I am sure that things will turn out great for you. Looks like those babies are ready to be put in the ground and explode!

Looking good Brian. Wish mine were looking like that.

I hear ya on the rain, I was looking to plant out this coming weekend also but they are calling for 40% chance of rain. Fun fun

Pretty much everything I have planted this year came from pods I got from you last year.

Looking sweet Brian! Those are getting huge! Amazing growth!
You have a small arsenal going there.
Awesome news on the first pod! I've gotten my 1st recently from some thais. Always a good thing to see this early!
Hope your weather holds up for planting. I got rained out this weekend, so hoping for next weekend myself.
Nice update! Take care!
I am hoping the rain is clear by the weekend. Moving the 5 gallon buckets into the carport tomorrow so I can plant them while raining.

Nice Brian! Hope all is well out east. This has been some of the nicest weather I have ever seen.
You always get me when you say out east. It is great weather.

Looking good man. It sucks about the crappy start, but I am sure that things will turn out great for you. Looks like those babies are ready to be put in the ground and explode!
Will be great. I hope you are able to get a year going when you get back.
Thanks for your service.

Looks great Brian. You'll be up to your ears in no time.
You will have to make a pilgrimage this summer. :D

Well my friend it's about time you graced us with an update. Looking good! :party:
Had to get a few pages on here or I think it would be disqualified as a Glog. :rofl:

Looking good Brian. Wish mine were looking like that.

I hear ya on the rain, I was looking to plant out this coming weekend also but they are calling for 40% chance of rain. Fun fun

Pretty much everything I have planted this year came from pods I got from you last year.
Best of luck with them all.

Nice! Is it a Lombok?
Nope. It is an Indonesian Chile. Seed was given to me by an Indonesian lady that said they grew them back home. That is why I call it what I do. Honestly it may be a Lombok, but I don't know and have never had one to compare it to.

Nope. It is an Indonesian Chile. Seed was given to me by an Indonesian lady that said they grew them back home. That is why I call it what I do. Honestly it may be a Lombok, but I don't know and have never had one to compare it to.

I love finding peppers like this. One of the bhuts I'm growing came from someone bringing seed back from a pepper picked in India...

Hey Brian, not sure if you seen the updated forecast for this weekend but they are saying 60% chance of rain on saturday and then lows of 40 and 41 for Sunday and Monday. Wanted to give you a heads up just in case you still wanted to plant out this weekend. I think I will be waiting till the following weekend

Let's get this party started and enjoy some problem solving
100_2115_zps48b23da1.jpg

Here is the back 2002 all planted and ready.
100_2116_zps0397c45c.jpg

And of course the wood pile and fire pit, because....hey why not
100_2117_zps42aefbe8.jpg

Then I have the 3 hanging baskets. Experiments are fun. Each has a Caribbean Red Habanero up top and an Indonesian Chile on the bottom.

100_2118_zpsb91ee5ba.jpg

Then there is the back 3002 all ready
100_2128_zpscfec082f.jpg

And the front Double ring....which is all Red Savina/Fatalii crosses this year like 2 years ago
100_2130_zps6e7d9a35.jpg

Back to those baskets. Only one had that big pepper. The others just set what they have.
100_2120_zps8f794811.jpg

100_2119_zps006b443d.jpg

:woohoo: nice! Hope you have a decent wheelbarrow come harvest time. I've thought about the same thing with the hanging baskets. Did you just cut an X in the center of the coco and treat it like a topsy turvey?

Back