event Kickoff Event and WING CHALLENGE, NJ

Hey Guys, February 16th (at nite) will be the kickoff event for the addition of Heartbreaking Dawns Hot Sauce to the wing choice menu at THE PUB (formerly Pub 17) in Ramsey, NJ. Here is what's going down.
HD Classic Gold, Mango Habanero and Jalapeno Pineapple will be added to the menu as incineration options for the wings at The Pub.
It will be the first nite of the Heartbreaking Dawns BHUT JOLO-KILLA Wing Challenge!!!!
We will be there that night doing giveaways from Electric Lotus Tattoo (the owner does our label art) as well as sets of our sauce and t-shirts.
We are also working on a Bloody Mary with the Classic Gold and Mango Prairie Fire Shots so they're will be drink specials TOO!!!

Please help spread the word to your NJ friends and let me know if you have any questions!

Sounds like an awesome event! Wings and Mary's with your sauces, cool! Great idea.

I was up in the lab last night finalizing the BHUT JOLO-KILLA challenge sauce.....I am very pleased with the turnout, It's a pear/apple based sauce using cider vinegar and of course a fine selection of jolokia peppers! I had to bottle up 2 cases in woozys to play around with because the flavor came out pretty smooth. The heat level I think will make a challenge that is very achievable, but by how many we'll see. I'm going to try it myself at home tonite just to see.!

heartbreakingdawns said:
I was up in the lab last night finalizing the BHUT JOLO-KILLA challenge sauce.....I am very pleased with the turnout, It's a pear/apple based sauce using cider vinegar and of course a fine selection of jolokia peppers! I had to bottle up 2 cases in woozys to play around with because the flavor came out pretty smooth. The heat level I think will make a challenge that is very achievable, but by how many we'll see. I'm going to try it myself at home tonite just to see.!
It is 6:30 am and you have me craving hot wings for breakfast! I live in Eastern PA - I may just have to take a trip to NJ to try some of your BHUT JOLO-KILLA
Bill

Hmmmm... could be my first review...:lol: I was just saying last night that I want to try and or make a naga/bhut wing sauce. Let me know how it turns out and please post some pics.

If I could run up there for a day and come back I totally would, but that's a bit of a drive for one evening. Hope it turns out great!

[video=youtube;y5YBGCTqvxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5YBGCTqvxU[/video]

I tried to do the challenge at home last night to make sure it was OK, here is the video. I fell 2 wings short. I think I could have done it if i wasn't commentating, The heat was pretty intense but i was also testing the sauce for a couple days so took it pretty well. I'll try to get a pic up of the sauce soon!

JayT said:
Hmmmm... could be my first review...:lol: I was just saying last night that I want to try and or make a naga/bhut wing sauce. Let me know how it turns out and please post some pics.

I'd love to send you a bottle to review, message me the address and i'll get it right out!

Killer sauce - 50% habanero, 50% fresh Bhut Jolokia, a good amount of dried Bhut Jolokia + pears and apples. You should have named it the 200% sauce! ;)

heartbreakingdawns said:
I'd love to send you a bottle to review, message me the address and i'll get it right out!
Send him a PM, will look forward to the review.

PM received and replied. I should probably be scared :shocked: this should be fun. I'll get this one up right away!

cool review. you didn't seem to be in all that much pain considering what you were up against! Looks like you would have finished no problem if you knew how quickly the time was about to run out.

Ballzworth said:
cool review. you didn't seem to be in all that much pain considering what you were up against! Looks like you would have finished no problem if you knew how quickly the time was about to run out.

I had been sampling the prototypes leading up to this formula so I think I built a good "readiness" for it. I think the pain came afterward around my face. I'm going to go do the challenge at Buffalo Wild Wings tonite. I haven't been there but saw a lot of videos of people doing it on youtube. I want to see how this ones compares and see if I need to kick up the heat a bit further.

I've done the Buffalo Wild Wings challenge 8 or 9 times now. My new record is 51 blazin wings in 20 minutes :) -- competition with some friends.

51 wing pieces = 25 1/2 wings... still impressive ;)
Do you prefer the drumette or wing side?

After watching the video, I think you could have finished no problem except for the time factor. I look forward to the challenge. I'm not saying I am going to eat twelve wings in three minutes, but I will give it a shot. I am more interested in giving the sauce an honest review, but I can think of no better way to do that than to make some wings!

Back