• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Koskorgul -2014 Grow List

So this is my first year growing hot peppers, sure I had grown some Jalapeno (2) and Cayanne (1) last year but this year is diff. I had bought those plants at the store when they were buy 1 get 2 free deal. They were already about 2 ft tall and were producing peppers. The only knowledge I needed was how to put them in the car, take them out, dig a hole, put the plant in and then put some dirt around it. Whew hard work, but those plants got me started with peppers. From there I met JAG and he gave me a bunch of super hots, Scorpion, Fatalii, Ghost, Douglah and many more.
I got the seeds from them pods and saved them for this year with the thinking I am going to grow my own plants.
Which brings me to my first grow log.
I had started some seeds in a planter back around Thanksgiving but they all grew to about 2 inches tall, never got bigger, never produced leaves and eventually died. So I started some more and started asking questions about what I can do/try etc. needless to say the info has been invaluable.
These first pics show what i started with early this week
IMG_20130305_001329.jpg

IMG_20130305_001340.jpg

this next pic is what I had a day after the above pics and after potting up some seeds I had germinating in a wet paper towel
IMG_20130305_234733.jpg

More 2nd harvest close up, love this pic
DSC_0519.jpg

Thanks Meathead, this was my first year growing so I didnt expect a whole lot. These plants exceeded anything I could have imagined

That's an awesome pic! Makes me want to jump in head first! Beautiful looking pods! This is my 1st year too, but had no idea about peppers so figured a couple plants from Lowes and Walmart in cheap pots would do. My knowledge before joining here was habs were hot as hell, and ghosts were the hottest thing possible. That changed quick! Looks like you've got a much bigger jump on me for your first grow lol.

MeatHead1313 said:
More 2nd harvest close up, love this pic
DSC_0519.jpg

Thanks Meathead, this was my first year growing so I didnt expect a whole lot. These plants exceeded anything I could have imagined

That's an awesome pic! Makes me want to jump in head first! Beautiful looking pods! This is my 1st year too, but had no idea about peppers so figured a couple plants from Lowes and Walmart in cheap pots would do. My knowledge before joining here was habs were hot as hell, and ghosts were the hottest thing possible. That changed quick! Looks like you've got a much bigger jump on me for your first grow lol.
Same here, of all the pics this is my favorite.

Hang out here, read and ask questions and I guarantee that your plants will be larger and produce more. One tip that I learned on here is topping a plant. I never heard of it before, but it works. If you do a search on the site you will find the thread about it. I did it on a Choc Bhut and it has put out some serious pods. Everything and anything about disease, soil, temps, everything. Not sure if you looked at the beginning of this thread and seen what I started with. I posted pics and got advice of that I should do. Followed it and well I have more pods than I know what to do with LOL. Good luck

WalkGood said:
Rob awesome harvest mon, haven't seen you around since Sept .... now I know where you've been, knee deep in pods \o/

Have a great weekend mon!
Thanks Ramon, been a hell of a season here. Plants are huge and putting out pods but now the season is slowing down :( Oh well got plenty to last awhile

Devv said:
Wow Rob!

Now that's an update! And worth waiting for!

One hell of a job this season!
Thanks Dev, sorry it took so long to get the update it, glad I did though. Wouldnt have been as bountiful as it was if not for the folks here at THP.

Vegas_Chili said:
Wow!!! Me jelly! Well done sir! I had bad luck, none of my plants made it and no pods. Oh well. Looks like you'll be getting busy :D.

, Walter
Damn that sucks Vegas. I might have some extra pods that I can part with if you need some. Might be a few days until they are ready, though

Started my seed germination and setup my lights over the weekend.

Grow list for this year

Yellow Scorpion
Fatalli
CRH
?? - It is a cross between a CRH and a Ghost ( I think ) Very large pods, lotsa flavor and heat
MoA
JaHab
Thai Fire
Thai Carigated
Jalapeno
Biker Billy
Barakapore
Choco Hab
Ghost
MadBallz

There are 2 more on the list but dont have the list here at work. Started about 10 seeds of each. Last year I had about 55 plants and ran out of room to plant them. If I get the germination rate I had last year (about 95-98%) I will be selling some plants LOL.
Heres to a great growing season to all.

Oh BTW- Sorry to be MIA the last few mths. Started a new job with the state and am unable to get on the computer during the day. Will be tring to post more in the evenings and weekends now.

EDIT- Will be adding the Caraolina Reaper and Gormet Fatalli Jigsaw to this list. Will be ordering seeds this week

Back