LAND OF THE GIANTS 2016 - Biggest Jim Competition

Roguejim said:
Wow! That's early. Are you in the Growdown Throwdown?

Indeed early, hopefully it makes up for the lack of sunlight in my outdoor garden areas. I will probably top it one or two times...but the idea is to establish as complex a root system as I can before I harden. Yes on the Growdown Throwdown; but I'm dead money on that contest unless I find some sunlight.  

Big Kahuna said:
I planted Big Jim (not heritage) on same day this thread was started.  Seedling came up yesterday.  Game on!
Wow BK I think you are the first to declare a seedling in the game, good work!

I'll be sowing mid-Feb ish, as here in the UK can't move plants outside into greenhouse before May and indoor space is always an issue...

ColdSmoke said:
I sowed seeds last night!
Good stuff ColdSmoke, hope the early start pays off for you.

pepperguy1 said:
Have you found any yet?Do you need some?
To be honest I haven't spent much time looking yet but if you got spares I would love to get some from you. I don't have much to trade right now except for some powders (chocolate habanero, red 7-pot brainstrain, red bhut jolokia, yellow fatalii). If you're interested let me know and we can work something out.

I know it's "too early," but these 70 degree days we sometimes get here in Aridzona are just irresistible....   :crazy:

"Legacy Big Jim" from Sandia Seeds went in the dirt today!   :woohoo:

BJ1.JPG

Hawaiianero said:
To be honest I haven't spent much time looking yet but if you got spares I would love to get some from you. I don't have much to trade right now except for some powders (chocolate habanero, red 7-pot brainstrain, red bhut jolokia, yellow fatalii). If you're interested let me know and we can work something out.
I'll send you a P.M. for your address.

Geonerd said:
I know it's "too early," but these 70 degree days we sometimes get here in Aridzona are just irresistible....   :crazy:

"Legacy Big Jim" from Sandia Seeds went in the dirt today!   :woohoo:

BJ1.JPG

Good work Geonerd!  *fights urge to sow seed* must... be strong!!!  aarggh!

skullbiker said:
It's on!!! I have a few early seedlings up and potted. Pics this weekend.

Another early starter!  Nice one Skullbiker, all the best of luck!

Back