• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Lavatungs newb glog.

Just another glog of a newb who doesn't know what they are doing. But with the plethora of info on this forum how hard can't it be right..?

a3817552.jpg
Baby Trinidad Scorpions.

fdb972a4.jpg
Most of them transplanted.

f9712a3c.jpg
My propergation light.
5e71bc11.jpg
Verigated leaves..?
5c694a02.jpg
Yellow veins anyone..? Thanks to the kind THP folks it turned out I was loving them too much.
6e90fb17.jpg
Look at them now :)!

3bea3c4b.jpg
The result of using old potting mix.

25c4f262.jpg
The jungle!

da743a29.jpg
This Douglah isn't doing so well. He's got purple spots.
c4852321.jpg
All the affected leaves fell off.
13a3588d.jpg
The poor little guy is in quarantine. I haven't done anything to him and he seems to be bouncing back!

063ec302.jpg
My little Bhut.
b330353d.jpg
This Moruga is my biggest chinense atm.
a36e2fc7.jpg
Body shot.
91396055.jpg
Up skirt peek.

Looking good Mr Tung!!

As for the black spots on the leaves and other issues...i get stuff like that all the time, but my plants do far better with me ignoring it rather than throwing loads of "stuff" at the problem. They seem quite capable of sorting themselves out dont they?!

They seem quite capable of sorting themselves out dont they?!
It seems that way.
I'm not sure if I should move him back with the others..?

Oh yeah.
I forgot to mention what I've got growing!

Bhut jolokia 4/6
Mystery ghost pepper 7/8 (random seeds)
Trinidad Scorpion 5/6
Moruga Scorpion 6/6 (my son later killed 2)
Fatalii 6/6
Douglah 6/6 (1 is a bit sick atm)
African birds eye 6/8
Mystery capsicum 4/8 (from a mix packet)
JalapeƱo 0/8 (green seeds, bummer)

I plan on making a lot of hot sauce!

Reactions: nee
67bd61f3.jpg
Its getting crowded in here! Today Im going to start hardening them off. It's still too cold here so my kids and I are going to make a mini greenhouse. Then I can start some more seedlings ;)

Check it!
d7ce2ea4.jpg
The mystery capsicum has its first bud!!

Reactions: nee
You are off to a good start, Lava! It's kind of funny to see
you starting your season as we are approaching the last
couple of months of ours! But then, I felt the same way
six months ago when you were all kickin' buttocks and we
were just getting to transplanting into party cups!

Thanks Paul!

It was seeing all you guys plants that inspired me to start growing in the first place.
I don't know what I'll do at the end of season.
Probably grow some inside!

Looks great, man! As big as those plants are at the moment, you are going to have a HUGE jump start on spring time. Being a newb and figuring this stuff out as you go along is a lot of fun. This is my first season, as well.

Cheers Doc!
I got my seeds at the start of winter and couldn't wait until spring.
I'm really glad I found this forum, so many kind folk who are more than happy to share their wisdom.

So I went to bunnings today to buy some clear plastic to make a greenhouse. Turns out its cheaper to buy a greenhouse.
6b6fa31e.jpg

I also picked up some vermiculite and perlite. It was around $30 for 30ltrs and $40 for 100ltrs. Bargin!
050281c8.jpg

Nice start with the plants and you're giving yourself a good jump with the gh and supplies for the future
.Looking at those photos makes me want to start sorting through some seed packs.. ..getting an early fix on next season......ha

Greg

Nice start with the plants and you're giving yourself a good jump with the gh and supplies for the future
.Looking at those photos makes me want to start sorting through some seed packs.. ..getting an early fix on next season......ha

Greg
That's cheating

Hey just made some jam
e5acebce.jpg
. It's hot hot hot!!!
203497f1.jpg
467da600.jpg

The ones at the back are Annuum's. I left them out side all night (5deg) and all day today. They look pretty good. I think I might pot up and move the chinense outside this weekend. Then I might focus on some tomatoes. They dont get me high like the chilli but I defiantly use them as much if not more.

46468d19.jpg
Started potting up today.
080826ee.jpg
That's half of them.
4adb43d4.jpg
The other half waiting their turn.
aaa7e782.jpg
This is the potting mix Im using. 6 Parts organic potting mix "which has 1/4 organic compost in it already", 1 part Vermiculite, 1 part Perlite and 1/2 part clean white sand. Also gave them a sip of worm wee to help them settle into their new homes. It is still real cold here in Perth so I hope they go alright outside. My Birdseyes have been outside for nearly a week now and are looking good so fingers crossed!

Back