• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Lavatungs newb glog.

Just another glog of a newb who doesn't know what they are doing. But with the plethora of info on this forum how hard can't it be right..?

a3817552.jpg
Baby Trinidad Scorpions.

fdb972a4.jpg
Most of them transplanted.

f9712a3c.jpg
My propergation light.
5e71bc11.jpg
Verigated leaves..?
5c694a02.jpg
Yellow veins anyone..? Thanks to the kind THP folks it turned out I was loving them too much.
6e90fb17.jpg
Look at them now :)!

3bea3c4b.jpg
The result of using old potting mix.

25c4f262.jpg
The jungle!

Mate it looks to me like sunburn , this is a pic of a plant i had last season that forgot to slip slop slap , the plants still grew fine but the burn leaves never recovered, looks like yours.

IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3724.jpg
Did you snip those leaves off? Ive noticed the affected leaves have been dropping.

No mate i just let them be and the plant just went on growing , they would of fallen of after a while i cant remember.

Im not sure what the rust looking spots are on yours , but it does look like sunburn.

Looking great LT. Once they get into bigger pants it seems like they stall for a slight bit, then start growing like weeds. Well, not quite like weeds, that would be nice. But definitely they make use of the new real estate.

Good luck!
It takes awhile for the roots to grow to the pot. Once they touch the
sides and bottom, then the plant starts putting out the veg growth
and the roots fill up the container.

The sunburned leaves usually don't recover. They will still function,
but the burned spots will always be there. If it's not too extensive, I
just leave 'em. If the damage is too much, the plant will drop them anyway.
Either way, it's just a personal preference. A plant with all pristine leaves
does look pretty nice!

Your grow is coming along well, Luke. Hope you just keep having more fun!

Paul you are a new growers dream. I didnt know that about once the roots hit the side/bottom of the pot they will start to produce vegetation. I thought as the roots grow the plants grow. Kind of like the roots eat the leaves grow. Im sure thats the case too, but i am also gathering that they really start to grow once they become more confined. Is that right??

Reactions: nee
Paul you are a new growers dream. I didnt know that about once the roots hit the side/bottom of the pot they will start to produce vegetation. I thought as the roots grow the plants grow. Kind of like the roots eat the leaves grow. Im sure thats the case too, but i am also gathering that they really start to grow once they become more confined. Is that right??
Yes, the roots will grow to fit their container, then growth is
concentrated on new growth above ground.

I'm making my first ever batch of tea.
CB3519A6-6F21-4A65-A185-9F0AC7FE2B93-851-000001923F373C38.jpg
The ingredients are: Green grass, dry grass, worm castings, chook poo, seaweed concentrate & molaces. As this is my first tea I would welcome any advice or comments. The bag I was using shat itself so the stuff is floating everywhere. Oh well.

Well I got back from Bali and my babies ain't doing so well. I don't know if it was from hardening them off too quickly or the cold weather or my inlaw watering them too much.? But.... They look like this now :(
A8240AB9-A5AD-4D5C-992A-9646AE4F9C2D-912-00000138F52BC305.jpg
EC7AEF84-6412-4ED6-9D7A-67F88006A54E-912-00000139070265A5.jpg
8EDECB01-33AC-4CE6-8BEB-368866DB0F74-912-000001390E3FE9D8.jpg
AC9886FC-6706-4A61-B9F6-6B06618B238E-912-0000013914F63D08.jpg
All their leaves are dropping off..?

But it's not all bad. I have some flowers :)
61BFB1B0-BD74-45F5-A18F-64BA626C1DA1-912-0000013920BACFBC.jpg
54FBBC0D-4BEB-4315-843D-68A7E0417097-912-000001392ABD84AF.jpg

I have been dosing them up with aact so hopefully they bounce back soon. The weather is finally starting to warm up yay!!

I took this photo in the alleyway next to my factory. It's one solitary weed growing in a crack in the pavement.
5F54972E-60D0-4A0B-B20E-1F904AAA1E78-2392-000004239704B20F.jpg
The little efers are hard at work. You can see a farmer ant running up the stem.
5CFE0F40-7630-4F0D-B51B-86CD9243461C-2392-00000423775C0665.jpg
Nasty little creatures. My factory isn't far from my house. These guys are everywhere. They still haven't found my chillies but it won't be long.

Plants sorta coming along, but they'll be fine...they just seem to have gotten watered too much, let them dry out a bit and alls gooood!!!
the one's with the leaf drop have just too much water to cope, but notice all the new shoots forming...
How was the holiday to Bali, I was first there in 1977 and lived there for some years,
was last there in 2000 but by then it was begining to be bit of a shit hole (in the Kuta/Legian area)

5CFE0F40-7630-4F0D-B51B-86CD9243461C-2392-00000423775C0665.jpg

These guys are everywhere. They still haven't found my chillies but it won't be long.

What are they mate?
As this is my first year growing, im not familiar with predators yet (im sure thats going to change in the next few months though, eh!?)

Plants sorta coming along, but they'll be fine...they just seem to have gotten watered too much, let them dry out a bit and alls gooood!!!
the one's with the leaf drop have just too much water to cope,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was going to post regarding the following in the main forum, but seeing as though you mentioned too much water above i may as well ask here!

When growing in pots, how do you guys go with the masses of rain we get when we get those summer storms here? Do you cover them up / pull them under a carport?? Or just leave them out knowing that the next day will be dry and thus dry them out a bit?
Any tips appreciated :)

hey Nee,
usually in Summer, its alot warmer and the pots just dry out fine.....
but if there's heaps of rainy days, I'll usually move them under cover, but this very rarely happens!!!!!

they are bloody aphids too, if you get heaps of these on your plant your in for alot of trouble
soon though you should start seeing lady bugs around the place and they will keep them down

Hey JR,

Thanks for the advice. I was last in Bali before this trip in 2003 and you were right, Bali was a shit hole. But it has changed dramatically. It no longer stinks, there is a whole lot of new stuff built (and being built), our $ is kickn ass atm & the locals final realize Aussies don't like being hassled.
Hey I heard you were having troubles getting seeds from ajijoe..? I paid him for seeds mths ago and still nothing. I contacted quarantine and they reckon they hadnt seized anything. So I'm not sure if that dude even sent them.

Yep Nee

Aphids!!! You don't want em.

That weed with the aphids looks like the pepper plants I saw a Home Depot yesterday, ha! (If you didn't already know, our Home Depot is like your Bunnings.)

That weed with the aphids looks like the pepper plants I saw a Home Depot yesterday, ha! (If you didn't already know, our Home Depot is like your Bunnings.)
As in the weed looks like the pepper plant or the pepper plants were covered in aphids?

Back